The purpose of the Human Rights Cell is to focus on the issue of human rights & spread awareness among our students regarding some inalienable rights they are entitled to enjoy as human beings irrespective of their religion, language, race , gender or ethnicity. We also want to focus on the issues or areas where such rights have been or are being violated. We also seek to provide information on about human rights movements activists from all over the world.
To inculcate consciousness about the sanctity of Human Rights in our students so that they may respect and promote their own Human Rights and those of others.
Voice for Equality & Liberty.
- To promote the culture of Human Rights.
- To raise the awareness of human rights issues.
- To educate and train the students on Human Rights.
- To provide accurate and timely information related to the Human Rights Violation in India.
- To encourage girls to contribute write ups, photos/posters and bionotes of notable Human Rights activists in the online bulletin board of the college: জাগৃতি
- To observe the birth anniversaries of Savitribai Phule, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, Mahatma Gandhi and International Human Rights Day through lectures to commemorate the contributions of these great thinkers and activists towards protection and promotion of Human Rights
- To organize outreach programs in liaison with
College NSS Unit and engage students in working with
socially disadvantaged people.
- Chairperson: Dr. Krishna Roy (Principal)
- IQAC Coordinator: Dr. Kamal Som
- Teachers Council Secretary: Dr. Amita Kar
- Covenor: Dr. Anasua Dutta
- Jt. Convenor: Ms. Suparna Sengupta
- Co-Convenor: Dr. Sudeshna Mitra
- Prof. Pratap Ch. Ray
- Ms. Indrani Sinha Roy
- Dr. Santa Rajguru
- Dr. Smita Ray
- Dr. Dipyaman Pal
- Dr. Saptarshi Mondal
- Ms. Debanjana Basu
- Ms. Sanjukta Roy
- Ms. Neelanjana Basu
- Dr. Chhandam Chakaborty
- Ms. Kymelia Ghosh Halder
- Dr. Ranjana Sharma
- Ms. Titi Mukherjee & others