Dr. Adrita Chakrabarti
|Designation||Assistant Professor, WBES|
|Qualification||M.Sc in Zoology, Calcutta University (2007)
Ph.D., Jadavpur University (2013)
Post Doctoral Research: Texas A&M University. (2014-15)
|Specialization||Ecology, Biomaterials and Disease Biology|
- Bethune College Joined on March 2015, serving till date
- Awarded for Poster presentation entitled 'Biosorption of Chromium by Termitomyces clypeatus biomass' Jadavpur at 14th West Bengal State Science & Technology Congress 2007 held at Jadavpur University
- Received Manju Biswas Award of Excellence in the year 2007 by The Zoological Society of Kolkata for the oral presentation entitled 'Biosorption of Chromium on Termitomyces clypeatus biomass: A physicochemical study.
- Recent Trends in "Microbiology" at R.K.Mission Vidyamandira, 14th January, 2017. Presented paper
- UGC sponsored National level Seminar
"From Molecules to Ecosystem - A Zoological
Perspective" organized by Department of Zoology,
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College,
Rahara, in collaboration with Department of Zoology
West Bengal State University on 22.09. 2016
at Swami Vivekananda Hall of the College. Poster
- Oral presentation at XVII All India Congress of Cytology and Genetics & International Symposium on "Exploring Genomes: The New Frontier" Jointly Organized by CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology and Archana Sharma Foundation of Calcutta From December 22-24, 2015 entitled " In vitro Cytotoxicity and Genotoxicity Assessment of Poly(dimethylsiloxane) : A well-known Antifoaming Agent used in Edible Oils and Fat"s.
- 81st Annual Meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (India) Poster presentation entitled 'Poly-(amidoamine) or PAMAM dendrimers conjugated Methylglyoxal, a latest Nano-technology based anticancer, immunotherapeutic formulation' (Nov. 8th -11th, 2012, Science city, Kolkata).
- 2nd International Conference on Perspectives of Cell Signaling & Molecular Medicine (Jan. 8th-11th, 2012, Bose Institute, Kolkata).
- Fifteenth National Conference on Surfactants, Emulsions and Biocolloids-(NATCOSEB XV). Oral Presentation. Dec. 29th-1st Jan. 2011).
- 80th Annual Meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (India). Poster presentation entitled 'Immunotherapeutic prospects of polymer conjugated nanoformulation of methylglyoxal against cancer' (Nov. 12th-15th, 2011, CSIR-CIMAP Lucknow)
- Seminar on 'Biological Thoughts: Micro to Macro' (Feb. 9th, 2010, the Dept of Zoology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata).
- Seminar on Dimensions in Zoological Research in Human Welfare (Mar. 23rd -25th, 2007, Dept. of Zoology, University of Calcutta).
- Workshop-Cum-Training 'Food Safety', by The Zoological Society, Kolkata in technical collaboration with Central Food Research Laboratory, Govt. of India, (Aug. 8th -19th, 2006, Ballygunge Science college, Kolkata).
- Research paper presentation entitled "Removal of Chromium by Fungal Biomass" in the 13th State Science & Technology Congress (Feb. 28th - Mar 1st, 2006, Kolkata
- XII National Conference on Surfactants, Emulsions and Bio-colloids (Nov. 9th-11th, 2005, Manipur University, Imphal).
- 'National Seminar on Evolutionary Biology & Biotechnology', (Feb. 26th, 2005, C.G.C.R.I. Kolkata).
- Summer School on National Sciences' for school leaving students at IACS, 2002, Kolkata.
- Biological activity of dendrimer-methylglyoxal complexes for improved therapeutic efficacy against malignant cells, S.Ghosh, P.Chakraborty, A. Chakrabarti, M.Ghosh, A.Mandal, P.Saha, A.Mukherjee, S. Acharya and M. Ray. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 6631-6642
- Immunomodulation of macrophages by methylglyoxal conjugated with chitosan nanoparticles against Sarcoma-180 tumor in mice, A. Chakrabarti, D. Talukdar, A. Pal, M. Ray. Cellular Immunology, 2014, 287, 27-34.
- Modulation of Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase Activity by Surface Functionalized Quantum Dots, Srabanti Ghosh, Manju Ray, Mahua Rani Das, Adrita Chakrabarti, Ali Hossain Khan, D. D. Sarma, and Somobrata Acharya. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys, 2014,16, 5276-5283.
- Interaction of malathion, an organophosphorus pesticide with Rhizopus oryzae biomas, S.Chatterjee, S.K. Das, R. Chakravarty, A. Chakrabarti, S. Ghosh, A.K. Guha, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2010, 174, 47-53.
- Comparative study of the behavior of bathophenanthroline in the restricted geometry of Langmuir Blodgett film with two different fatty acids. Jayasree Nath, Subrata Deb , Adrita Chakrabarti , Ajitesh Pal PAL and Ranendu Kumar Nath. International Journal of Modern Physics B Vol. 28 (2014) [15 pages]
- MONOLAYER CHARACTERISTICS OF CHITOSAN ASSEMBLED IN LANGMUIR FILMS MIXED WITH ARACHIDIC ACID. Jayasree Nath, R. K. Nath, Adrita Chakrabarti, Syed Arshad Hussain. Surf. Rev. Lett. 21, 1450049 (2014) [8 pages]
- Life member, Zoological Society, Kolkata.
- Life member, Indian Science Congress.
- Life member, ISSST (Indian Society for Surface Science and Technology, Kolkata).
- Life member, Society of Biological Chemists.