Dr. Amrita Bagchi
|Specialization||Social History Of Science and Technology|
- Guest Lecturer in the Department of History, in Jadavpur University since 2011.
- Worked as a Senior Research Fellow (Under State Government Fellowship Scheme) in the Department of History, Jadavpur University from December, 2007 to January, 2009.
- Worked as a Junior Research Fellow (Under State Government Fellowship Scheme) in the Department of History, Jadavpur University from December, 2005 to December, 2007.
- Worked as a lecturer (Faculty Improvement Programme) in Jogomaya Devi College, Kolkata from May, 2004 to December, 25.
- Taki Government College 7.01.2009-29.06.2015
- Presented a paper in the Fourth International Congress of Bengal Studies,Tokyo,Japan on 12-13th,December 2015
- Compiled Dictionary of Historical Places: Bengal 1757-1947.Ed Ranjan Chakraborty, Primus Books, Delhi 2013. ISBN 9380607415 , 9789380607412
- "Reforms or Dictates: The Role of the Donor Agencies on Health Care in West Bengal" in Global South -Sephis e-magazine, Volume 7, No. 3, July 2011. ISSN 2347-8594
- 'Metamorphosis of Health Care: The Transformation of "Private to Corporate" Health Care in Post 1947 Kolkata' in the Proceedings of the Indian History Congress, 71st Session held in University of Gaurbanga , Maldah , February 2011. ISSN 2249 -1937.
- "Nineteenth Century Calcutta and its public health: Reflections in the Contemporary Bengali Journals and Newspapers" in a National level Seminar on "Nineteenth Century Bengal: A Capsule Survey" on 19th -20th September 2016, organized by Centre for Bangladesh Studies, Assam University, Silchar.
- Presented a paper titled Myth or Reality: The Experiences in a Public Hospital in Kolkata in the UGC sponsored seminar on the Science Technology and Society on 5th March 2010 in Jadavpur University.
- Presented a Paper on Metamorphosis of Health Care: The Transformation of 'PRIVATE' TO 'CORPORATE' Health Care In Post 1947 Kolkata. In 71st Indian History Congress held in University of GaurBanga, 11-13 February 2011.
- Presented a paper on "Corruption and Malpractice: Bane in Private Health Care" in a seminar organized by Indian Medical Association (I.M.A.) on July, 2011.
- Presented a paper on Diseases, Deaths and Sufferings: An Account of the Public Health Conditions of the Great War, in the International Conference on War, Words and the World: Re-Presenting the Great War, organized by the Centre of Advanced Study in English, Jadavpur University , 25-27 February 2014.
- Paper titled 'Changing Health Care Culture : Expansion of Private and Corporate Hospitals under Global Compulsion' has been selected for presentation in Fourth International Congress of Bengal Studies in Japan December 2015 at the Tokyo University of Foreign Study.
- Life Member Of Pashimbanga Itihash Samsad
- Life Member Of Indian History Congress
- Life Member Of Institute Of Historical Studies