Dr. Anasuya Guha
|Designation||Professor in West Bengal Senior Education Service, Head and Chairperson, U.G. and P.G. Department of English|
First class first in M.A. in English Literature,
Calcutta University (1980)
Ph D, Jadavpur University (1997)
|Specialization||Shakespeare; Shakespeare translations in India; Virginia Woolf|
29 years of teaching experience including 9 years of postgraduate teaching.
- Lady Brabourne College: 1986 - 2011
- Bethune College: 2011- till date
Represented India at SAARC International Translation Workshop in 2007.Charles Wallace India Trust Fellowship, U. K. in 2005.
- Resource Person at Interactive Seminar on Translation at Oxford Book Store on 21.5.2014.
- Presented papers at various National and International Conferences hosted by Department of English, Calcutta University, World Shakespeare Conference (in 2008 and 2010) and National Conference organized by Sahitya Akademi.
- Chaired two sessions at the UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on "Literature in Translation" organised by the English Department of Bidhannagar Govt. College.
- Resource Person at various National and State level Workshops and Refresher Courses.
- Peer reviewer for a noted Journal published by an eminent Kolkata college.
- Supervised PG dissertations, Lady Brabourne College and Bethune College.
- External Expert for PhD, Jadavpur University.
- Glimpses of the History of English Literature, Bookworld, 2009.
Articles published in Books
- 'Shakespeare's Indian Incarnation: Creativity Unbound' in Only Connect, (Ed.) Jayanti Datta, publication by Sivanath Sastri College, 2012.
- 'Shanta O Sita' in Alor Sarani Beye, (Eds.) Manisha Banerjee et. al., Bethune College publication, 2011.
- 'Shakespeare's Sister: An Unfinished Itinerary', Breaking the Silence: Re-reading Simone de Beauvoir, Virginia Woolf and Ashapurna Devi (eds.) Sanjukta Dasgupta & Chinmoy Guha , published by Department of English, Calcutta University, 2011.
Articles published in Journals
- 'Kachh Theke Dekha', Amritalok, 2012.
- 'Subarnalata O Shakespearer Bon', Kali o Kalam, Volume VII: iv, 2010.
- 'Caesar and Cleopatra', Lady Brabourne College Journal, Volume I, 2010.
- 'Swadeshi Samaj', translation of Rabindranath Tagore's 'Swadeshi Samaj', Dey's, 2014.
- English translation of "Kolkatar Kachhei", A Stone's Throw from Kolkata, (Ed.) Gajendra Kumar Mitra, Sahitya Akademi, 2013.
- Nijashwa ek Ghar: authorized English rendering of Virginia Woolf's A Room Of One's Own, 2002. Present in the Paris-Sorbonne Library.
Articles published in translated books
- 'Sport of Lord Ram', translation of Sita Devi's "Ramlila", The Other Voice, (Eds.) Anil Acharya & Tapati Gupta, Anustup, 2013.
- 'Buno Ghughu', English translation of an Achik Short Story, Bharat Jora Kathan Katha, ed. Ram Kumar Mukhopadhyay , Sahitya Akademi, 2011.
- 'The Meaning and Method of History', English translation of D.P. Mukherjea's essay, Redefining Humanism (Ed.) Srobona Munshi, Tulika Books, 2009.
- Anubade Rabindranath, Proceedings of the UGC Sponsored Seminar.
- Selected Works of Sita Devi, 2009.
- Member, Governing Body of Bethune College
- Government's representative to P.S.C.