Dr. Chirantani Das
|Qualification||M.A., B.ED, PhD|
|Specialization||Ancient Indian History|
- Bethune College, August 2014-July 2015
- Datan II Government College, July 2015-December 2015
- Bethune College, December 2015-till date
- Presented a paper titled "Protohistoric to Early Historic Settlements in Bengal: Bangarh, a Case Study from Pundravardhana" in a two day UGC National Seminar on ‘History of North Bengal: A New Perspective’ organized by Raiganj Surendranath Mahavidyalyay, Raiganj in collaboration with Shree Agrasen Mahavidyaylaya, Dalkhola on 5th- 6th April 2017.
- Presented a paper titled "Emergence of Nālandā as a Multi- Functional Centre and its Overseas Outreach" in the Adhir Chakravarti Memorial Seminar Lecture organized by the Department of History, Jadavpur University on 06.09.2017
- Presented a paper titled "Early Human occupational sites to Great Urban Centres: A South Bihar Phenomenon" in the Indian History Congress at Jadavpur University on 29.12.2017.
- Dr. Chirantani Das presented a paper in the two
day National Workshop on "Methodology of Ancient
Indian History: Epigraphy as a tool and Source" at
Asiatic Society, Kolkata organised by the Department
of History, Jadavpur University in collaboration
with the Asiatic Society.
Title of her paper was "Early Historic Evidence for the Growth of Sarnath as a Religious Centre: The Epigraphic Optic."
- Worked as a Project Assistant in an INSA (Indian national Science academy) project, for a year.
- "Geographical Factors in the Growth of Rajagriha, The Old Magadhan Capital" in Annals of the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, 2012, Vol. XCIII, Pune, published in 2017
- Jointly authored with Professor Chittabrata Palit, "Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray and Indian Chemistry", ISBN: 81-8789-68-8
- "Botany in the Vedas" in "The Quarterly Review of Historical Studies", Vol. XLVIII, No. 1&2, ISSN: 0033- 5800
- "Environment and Settlement: Some Theoretical Aspects" in "The Quarterly Review of Historical Studies", Vol. XLIX, No. 1&2, ISSN: 0033- 5800
- "Investigating the development of the urban complex at Rajagriha" in Urbanity and Economy, The Pre Modern Dynamics in Eastern India, Presented by Society For Understanding Culture and History in India, ISBN: 978- 93- 80677-47-7