Dr. Dipayan Chattopadhyay
|Designation||Head of the Department of Botany
Associate Professor in West Bengal Education Service
First class first in M.Sc. in Botany,
Calcutta University (1983)
Ph.D, Calcutta University (1991)
26 years of teaching experience including 09 years of postgraduate teaching.
- Darjeeling Govt. College: 1989-95
- A.B.N. Seal College: 1995-2013
- Bethune College: 2013-till date
- Interested in Plant chromosome studies (Both mitotic and Meiotic); Estimation of In situ nuclear DNA and Plant Tissue Culture
- Awarded with National Scholarship, Jubilee Merit Prize (1980).
- J Sen Memorial Medal (1992) from Botanical Society of Bengal.
- Presented poster entitled 'Antiviral plants: a promising tool to drug development' in the International seminar on “Recent trends in microbiology”, 14th January 2017, at Department of Microbiology, Ramkrishna Mission Vidyamandir, Belur.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National
Seminar on "Teaching Botany in 21st century:
prospects and challenges", 6th-7th August, 2016 in
- H.O.D. of Botany, Bethune College (2016-2018)
- Editor of ‘Heritage Journal’ Bethune college
- Completed a Minor Research project, UGC funded: 01(2008-2010), Sanction No.FPSW-047/07-08(ERO) dt 21.2.2008, amount: 1lakh, Title: Studies of Algal Biodiversity of the Coochbehar Block, District Cooch Behar, West Bengal.
- Presented papers at various UGC sponsored State level and National level seminars hosted by A.B.N. Seal College, Coochbehar (2009-2012).
- Organized A National Level Seminar on "Trends in Microbiology", 20-21st December 2009, in Collaboration with the Dept. of plant Pathology, Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya.
- Supervised PG dissertations, A.B.N. Seal College and Bethune College.
Some Important Publications
- Das M, Chattopadhyay D and Mukherjee S. In vivo and in vitro propagation of economically important Cajanus cajan varieties. Heritage, Vol.III 144-152 ISSN: 2349-9583, 2016.
Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar
on "Teaching Botany in 21st century: prospects and
challenges", 6th-7th August, 2016 in Bidhannagar
- Chattopadhyay D, Mukherjee S. and. Sanyal S. Study of Algal Biodiversity of the CoochBehar Block, District Coochbehar, West Bengal. (2015), Heritage: Vol.II.109-118 ISSN: 2349-9583.
- Chattopadhyay D and Adhikari D, A checklist of medicinal plants available in A.B.N. Seal College Campus (2011) A.B.N Seal Journal of Science, Vol. IV,65-71 (ISSN 0975-5624)
- Chattopadhyay D, Cytological Investigation and Karyotype study of 8 different strains of Brassica juncea(2009) , A.B.N Seal Journal of Science, Vol. II 34-38 (ISSN 0975-5624)
- Chattopadhyay D, Chromosomal Determination of Sex in Dioecious Plants (2008) A.B.N Seal Journal of Science, Vol. I 28-30 (ISSN 0975-5624)
- H.O.D. of Botany, A.B.N. Seal College for 18 years (1995-2013)
- Officer-in-Charge: A.B.N Seal College for 8 months (2010-2011)
- Executive editors of A.B.N. Seal Journal of Science (ISSN-0975-5624) (2008-2012)
- A.N.O.(Associate NCC Officer), 5 Bengal Battalion NCC, Darjeeling Govt. College for 6 years (1990-1995)