I have UG teaching experience for almost 13 years and 4 years and 10 months of Post Graduate teaching as Full time Lecturer in the Post Graduate Department of Commerce, Hoogly Mohsin College.
- My research area is in Indian agriculture especially to find out the agricultural efficiency and productivity. I am also working on Social Sector with special emphasis on Education.
Research Article in Journals
- Pal D.; C. Chakraborty and A. Afreen (2020): "Crime against Women in India: A State-Level Analysis"; Journal of International Women's Studies (JIWS); Forthcoming
- Pal D. and C. Chakraborty (2020): "Does Farm Size Matters in Determining Efficiency in Indian Agriculture: A Case Study of Rice Production in Eastern India"; International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics; Forthcoming
- Pal D. (2019): "Does Efficiency Matters in Explaining Total Factor Productivity Growth of Rice Production in India?" ; Vidyasagar University Journal of Economics ; Vol. 22; ISSN -0975-8003
- Pal D., C. Chakraborty and A. Ghosh (2018) ; "Is there improvement in total factor productivity growth of the Indian pharmaceutical industry after TRIPS agreement? Evidence from Biennial Malmquist Index", Central European Review Of Economics And Management, ISSN 2543-9472; eISSN 2544-0365, www.cerem-review.eu, www.ojs.wsb.wroclaw.pl, Vol. 2, No. 3, 53-77, September 2018
- Pal, D.(2018) "The Relation Between Volatility In The Growth Of Output And The Volatility In Growth Of Price Of Rice Production In India: Evidence From Arch/Garch Method." Int. j. of Social Science and Economic Research 3, no. 8 (August 2018), 4170-4180. Accessed August, 2018. ijsser.org/more2018.php?id=294 .
- Pal, D.(2018) "On Convergence of the Growth Processes of Different Crops of Indian Agricultural Sector: Evidence from Structural Break Unit Root Test", IJRAR- International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, VOLUME 5, ISSUE 4, OCT. - DEC. 2018, e ISSN 2348 -1269, Print ISSN 2349-5138, http://ijrar.com/
- Pal, D.(2018) "Technical Efficiency and It's Determinants of Rice Production: Evidence from Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA)", IJRAR- International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, VOLUME 5 , ISSUE 2 , APRIL - JUNE 2018, e ISSN 2348 -1269, Print ISSN 2349-5138, http://ijrar.com/
- Pal D. and A. Ghose (2017): "Growth of Cash Crops and its Determinants in Indian Agriculture: Evidence from Structural Break Analysis", Artha Beekshan; Vol.-26, No. 1-2, June 20017-September 2017; ISSN: 0972-1185
Articles in Books
- Pal D. and C. Chakraborty (2020): Is There Any Relationship Between Output Growth and Export Growth in Indian Information Technology Industry After Liberalization? Page No.:- 27-35, Year: 202020; In S. Sikdar et al. (eds.), Role of IT- ITES in Economic Development of Asia, Springer Nature Singapore; ISBN 978-981-15-4205-3 ISBN 978-981-15-4206-0 (eBook); https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-4206-0_3;
- Pal D.; C. Chakraborty and A. Ghose (2019): Is There Any Decline in Growth of Rice Production in Indian Agriculture in Post-liberalization Era: Evidence from Multiple Structural Breaks Analysis ; Page No.:- 269-291, Year: 2019; In Chakrabarti G., Sen C. (eds) The Globalization Conundrum---Dark Clouds behind the Silver Lining, Springer, Singapore; ISBN 978-981-13-1726-2 ISBN 978-981-13-1727-9 (eBook); https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1727-9_16
- Pal D. (2019): Joint estimation of Fiscal Policy, Income Inequality, Trade and Economic Growth: Evidence from Emerging Market Economy; Page No.:- 89-100; Year: 2020; In Rajib Bhattacharyya ed. The Gains and Pains of Financial Integration and Trade Liberalization: Lesion from Emerging Economics; Emerald Publisher, UK; ISBN 978-1-83867-004-7 (Print) ISBN 978-1-78973-999-2 (eBook); Doi:10.1108/978-1-78973-999-220191014.
Conference/ Seminar Paper Presentation Details
- Accepted a paper entitled "Simultaneous Determinants of Fiscal Policy, Monetary Policy, Income Inequality, Trade and Economic Growth: Case of Emerging Market Economy" in the 8th RMUTP International Conference on Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development: Challenges towards digital society to be held at Pullman Bangkok King Power, Bangkok, Thailand, 22-23 June 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled "Is there Any Linkage between Exports and Economic Growth in Emerging Market Economies? Evidence from Panel Co-Integration Approach", in the UGC - DRS Supported Two-Day International Seminar on "Development of Backward Regions of West Bengal with special reference to Growth and Productivity of Different Sectors" held on 23- 24 March, 2017 organised by the Department of Economics with Rural Development, Vidyasagar University.
- Accepted a paper entitled "Simultaneous Determinants of Fiscal Policy, Income Inequality and Economic Growth In Case Of South Asian Countries" in the Second Annual Economists' Conference on "Managing Growth for Social Inclusion" to be held on 18-19 February, 2017 in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Presented a paper entitled "Is There Any Multiple Structural Breaks in Total Factor Productivity Growth of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry: Evidence from a State level Analysis " in The Eighth National Seminar on Industrial Statistics held on 17 December, 2017 at Kolkata organized by Central Statistics Office, Industrial Statistics Wing, Government of India.
- Presented a paper entitled "Simultaneous Determinants of Fiscal Policy, Income Inequality, Trade and Economic Growth In Case Of Emerging Market Economy " in the 53rd Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society during 22-24 December, 2016 held at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Khordha, Odisha.
- Presented a paper entitled "Exports and Economic Growth in Emerging Market Economies: A Panel Co-Integration Approach" in the Fifth IIFT Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade & Finance held at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata campus during 16-17 Dec 2016 organised by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
- Presented a paper entitled "Convergence of Total Factor Productivity Growth of Pharmaceutical Industry across Indian States: A Study with Panel Data" in The Seventh National Seminar on Industrial Statistics held on 26 September, 2016 at Floatel, Kolkata organized by Central Statistics Office, Industrial Statistics Wing, Government of India.
- Presented a paper entitled "Bi-Directional Relationship between the Output and Price Variability of Rice Production in India: Evidence from Simultaneous Panel Approach" in the 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society (TIES) held at the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, from 4th to 6th January 2016.
- Presented a paper entitled "Growth Performance of Rice Production in Indian Agricultural Sector: Evidence from Multiple Structural Break Analysis" in the International Conference ;Issues in Regional Development; organized by Centre for Regional Development and Planning, Department of Economics, University of Burdwan, held on September 15-16, 2015
- Presented a paper entitled "Technical Efficiency of Rice and Wheat Production in the Light of New Agricultural Policy" in the UGC Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on Second Generation Reforms in India: Are They Fait Accompli? during 27-28 August, 2015 organised jointly by Department of Commerce (UG & PG) & Department of Economics, Hooghly Mohsin College held at Hooghly Mohsin College, Chinsurah, Hooghly.
Other Academic pursuits
- Referee work in peer reviewed Journals: Economic Bulletin, Springer Nature Singapore, Emerald Publisher, UK.
- Paper Discussant at Fourth IIFT Conference On Empirical Issues in International Trade & Finance; December 2014
- Life Member of the Indian Econometric Society
- Life Member of the Bangiya Arthaniti Parishad