Dr. Maitri Ghosh
|Specialization||Advanced Economic Theory, Development Economics, International Economics|
I have UG teaching experience for almost 19 years in the fields of Micro Economics, Mathematical Economics, Development Economics and Public Economics.
- Haldia Government College: November 2001- September 2006
- Bethune College: September 2006- Present
- Invited speaker at a seminar titled FDI: Issues and Policy, Hosted by Centre for Policy Studies, IIT Mumbai, 2018.
- Full-funded Research Stay at the Department of International Economics and Management and the Asia Research Centre at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 2015.
- Paper Discussant in UGC sponsored National seminar on 'Contemporary Issues in Economic Development' at Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata, India, 2015.
- Invited Speaker at the Department of International Economics and Management, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 2015.
- Completed Minor Research Project Titled "FDI and Technology Choices in Post-reforms Period: An Analysis of Indian Manufacturing Industries" Funded by UGC (2014-2016).
- Invited speaker at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on 'Competition and Competitiveness in Indian Industries after Two Decades of Economic Reforms', organized by Women's Christian College, Kolkata, India, 2012.
- Project titled "Self-Help Groups and Empowerment of Tribal Women: A Case Study of the Tribal Villages of Nadia District in West Bengal, India". (Funded by Women's Studies Center, Bethune College, Kolkata, 2010, Jointly with S. Dasgupta). (completed)
- "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment in Post Reforms India: An Analysis of Export Performance and Export Spillovers (funded by University Grants Commission, 2009-2011) (completed)
- M, Ghosh. and S.Sinha Roy 'FDI, Firm Heterogeneity and Exports: An Analysis of Indian Manufacturing' Asian Development Review 35(1), March 2018.
- M, Ghosh. and R. P Roy, "FDI and Technology Imports and R&D in Indian Manufacturing: Revisited" in 'Globalisation of Technology' N.S. Siddharthan & K. Narayanan (Eds), Springer, ISBN: 978-981-10-5423-5, 2018.
- M. Ghosh. "FDI and Export Spillovers: A Firm-level Analysis of Indian Manufacturing Industries" in Malabika Roy and S. SinhaRoy (eds), International Trade and International Finance: Exploration of Contemporary Issues' Springer, ISBN: 978-981-10-0082-9, 2016.
- B. Goldar and M. Ghosh, "Employment Growth in India's Organised Manufacturing: Trends and Determinants" Review of Development and Change, XX (2). 2015.
- M. Ghosh and S. SinhaRoy. "FDI, Technology Acquisition and Labour Demand in an Emerging Market Economy: A Firm-level Exploration of Indian Manufacturing Industries' Journal of Industrial Statistics, 4(1). 2015, ISSN 2278-4667.
- M. Ghosh and S. SinhaRoy. "FDI and Technological Choices of Firms in Indian Manufacturing Industries" in 'Globalisation of Indian Industries: Productivity, Exports and Investments' Filip De Beule & K. Narayanan (Eds), Springer, 2015, ISBN: 978-981-10-0082-9.
- M.Ghosh, 'Liberalisation, FDI and Export Performance- A Study of Indian Manufacturing Industries' Heritage, Vol I, ISSN-2349-9583, 2014.
- M. Ghosh and S. SinhaRoy. "FDI, Firm Heterogeneity and Exports: An Examination of Evidence in India", E-book, Nottingham University, United Kingdom, ebookbrowse.com/maitri-ghosh-pdfd335991858, www.nottingham.ac.uk, 2012.
- M. Ghosh and S. Basu. 'Globalisation and Unemployment Problem: A Study across the States of India' in 'Economic Liberalization and its Implications for Employment' A. Mathur & P.S. Raikhy (Eds), Deep & Deep: New Delhi, ISBN 81-7629-380-6, 2002.
Work in Progress
- 'Are FDI Inflows Critical to Technology Choice of Indian Firms? A Multinomial Logit Analysis' (with R. Basant & S. Sinha Roy; Accepted for presentation at the 8th Annual AIE Conference, Ryerson University, Canada, 2015).
- Working Paper titled " Global Economic Crises and Emerging Market Economies: An Analysis of Firm-Level Exports from India", Centre for Advanced Studies, Department of Economics, Jadavpur University, No 07-14, 2014.
- "Bideshi Malikana O Projukti Chayan: Bharatiya Shilper Ekti Bishleshon" Presented at the 5th Arthabishleshon Workshop organized by the Society for Economic Research in Bengali, November, 2016.
- 'Crises, Credit Constraints and India's Exports: An Analysis at the Firm-level' Presented at the 12th Annual Conference of Asia-Pacific Economic Association, IMI, Kolkata, July 13-15, 2016.
- "Crises, Credit Constraints and India's Manufactured Exports: An Exploration at the Firm-level" presented at the 12th Annual Conference of the Asia Pacific Economic Association, hosted by the International Management Institute, Kolkata, India. 2016
- 'FDI, Technology Aquisitions and Labor Market Outcomes: A Firm-level Exploration of Indian Manufacturing Industries' Presented at UGC Sponsored Seminar, organized by Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata, India. 2014
- 'Global Economic Crises and Emerging Market Economies: An Analysis of Firm-level Exports in India' Keynote address at The 34th Annual Conference of the Bengal Economic Association, Kolkata, India. 2014
- 'FDI, Technological Choices and Spillovers: A Study of Indian Manufacturing Industries' presented at the 8th Annual Conference of the Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing on Emerging Technologies and Development, IIT, Mumbai, India. 2013
- 'Crises, Credit Constraints and India's Manufactured Exports: An Exploration at the Firm Level' presented at IGIDR Silver Jubilee Conference on Trade and Industry: Pattern, Trend and Policies, IGIDR, Mumbai, India. 2013
- 'FDI, Technological Choices and Spillovers: A Study of Indian Manufacturing Industries', Presented at the 6th annual AIE Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship,Oxford University, United Kingdom. 2013
- 'FDI, Firm Heterogeneity and Exports: An Examination of Evidence in India', Presented at the 11th Annual GEP Postgraduate Conference at the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom. 2012
'FDI, Firm Heterogeneity and Exports: An Examination of Evidence in India'presented at:
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on 'Competition and Competitiveness in Indian Industries after Two Decades of Economic Reforms', organized by Women's Christian College, Kolkata, India. 2012
- International Conference on Globalisation and Economic Development, Kalyani University, West Bengal,India. 2012
- Annual Conference at Burdwan University, West Bengal India. 2012
- Summer School, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India. 2012
- 3rd IIFT Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance,Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata, India. 2012
- 'FDI, Spillovers and Exports: A Re-examination of Firm Level Evidence in India' presented at the XXIst Annual Conference at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India. 2011
- 'Sustainable Development and Agenda for South Asian Union', presented at The Annual Conference of the Indian Economic Association, India. 2004
- 'Economic Liberalisation and Employment in India: State-level Experience' presented at The Annual Conference of the Indian Economic Association, India. 2002
- Member of the Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing.