Dr. Paramaa Raha
|Designation||Assistant Professor, WBES|
|Qualification||M.Sc in Zoology, Calcutta University (2003)
M.Phil. in Environmental Science, Jadavpur University (2006)
Ph.D. Jadavpur University, (2013)
|Specialization||Fishery and Aquaculture|
7 years of undergraduate and post graduate teaching experience.
- Bethune College December 2008 till date
- Completed a UGC sponsored Minor Research Project entitled "Study on Semiochemicals of North-Bengal elephants" Ref. No.: F.PSW-053/09- 10(ERO) Dated 08.10.09.
- Postgraduate supervision: Supervised PG dissertations
Presented papers and attended several seminars and workshops
- Investigation of isoenzyme system in fishes found in freshwater and stressed conditions. Swamarpita Mukherjee, Sejuti Biswas, Paramaa Raha, Samiran Ghosh in one day National seminar on 'Recent advances in Life Science in the light of Chemistry organised by Department Bethune College, Kolkata on 09.09.2016. Poster presentation.
- Oral presentation on "The ultrastructural mystery of Porcupine and Hedgehog quill" in "National Conference on "Electron Microscopy and Allied Fields: XXIX EMSI 2007" at Univ. of Delhi.
- Poster presentation on 'Ultrastuctural variation of epidermal structure of Camel and Asian elephant' in "International Conference on Advances in Electron Microscopy and related Techniques: XXXI EMSI 2010 at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai, on 8- 10th March, 2010.
- Oral presentation on 'Ultrastructure and Chemical Composition of Elephant Hair in the context of Chemical Signals in the Asian Elephant Elephas maximus'' in the 12th meeting of the Chemical signals in Vertebrates held in Berlin, Germany, on 28th - 31st August, 2011.
- Oral presentation on 'Epidermal structures: Putative sources of pheromones' in the 36th Annual conference of Ethological Society of India and National symposium on Live organisms and their expressions in the environment held in University of Calcutta, Dept. of Botany, 26-28th November, 2012.
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on "Stress, drug development and Nanotechnology" organized by Depts. of Botany, Chemistry and Zoology, Bethune College, 2009.
- UGC sponsored State level Seminar on "Conservation of Biodiversity: Assessment and Awareness" organized by Dept. of Zoology, Hooghly Mohsin College, 2010.
- Electron Microscopy and its application in Material Science and Biological Science, 2008 organized by Dept. of Instrumentation Science, Jadavpur University, Kolkata-32.
Published research papers and reviews
- Paul, S., Raha P. and Dutta, R.K. 2016. Evolution of Innate system from invertebrates to vertebrates. Heritage Journal,Vol-III. pg.164-166.
- 'Ultrastructural and lipid-Chemistry of specialized epidermal structure of Indian porcupines and hedgehog' - Mousumi Poddar-Sarkar, Paramaa Raha, Radhaballabh Bhar, Asish Chakraborty and Ratan Lal Brahmachary. 2011, Acta Zoologica 92(2):134-140.
- 'Ultrastructure and Chemical Composition of Elephant Hair in the context of Chemical Signals in the Asian Elephant Elephas maximus' 2012. Paramaa Raha, Mousumi Poddar-Sarkar, U.K. Nag, R. Bhar and R. L. Brahmachary. [Chemical signals in Vertebrates. Vol XII, pp 227-234, Springer].
- 'On the body smell of wild-caught mangrove-marsh Bengal tiger of Sundarban' 2012. Mousumi Poddar-Sarkar, S. Ray, S. P. Chowdhury, G. Samanta, Paramaa Raha & R. L. Brahmachary. [Chemical signals in Vertebrates. Vol XII, pp 223-226, Springer].
- Ultrastructure of trichome of old world porcupine of Indian subcontinent, 2013. Paramaa Raha, Biswatosh Ghosh, Radhaballabh Bhar, Nilansu Das andMousumi Poddar-Sarkar. Acta Zoologica 0:1-7.
- The Indian Science Congress Association
- Ethological Society of India
- Electron Microscopy Society of India