Smt. Piyali Gupta
|Designation||Assistant Professor of English (WBES)|
M.A.(Gold Medalist, C.U)
|Specialization||Gender Studies, Victorian Studies|
7years of teaching experience including 4 years of postgraduate teaching.
- Chandernagore College - February 2009 to April 2013
- Bethune College - April 2013 - present
- Postgraduate Teaching experience in Maulana Azad College and Presidency University (erstwhile College).
- Currently registered as a PhD scholar in the University of Calcutta.
- Ongoing UGC Minor Research Project PHW-070/13-14 - 'Disciplining Deafness: Construction of the Disabled Self in Harriet Martineau's Writings'
- Diplome de la langue in French from L'Alliance Francaise, Kolkata, 2005.
- Nominated for the President of India's Gold Medal for General Proficiency, 2007.
- National Scholarship for being First Class First in BA (Honours) Examination in English conducted by the University of Calcutta, 2002.
- Swati Bose Memorial Scholarship from the University of Calcutta, 2002.
- "Dip[ping] her pen in acid: An Introduction to Eunice de Souza's Poetry" in Indian Poetry in English: Critical Essays ed. Zinia Mitra. PHI Learning, 2016. ISBN: 978-81-203-5261-2
- 'Lumos! Seeing J.K. Rowling's Hermione in myth, literature and the Harry Potter Series' in the in the peer reviewed journal Heritage, a publication of Bethune College, 2015. ISSN 2349-9588.
- 'No Nice Feminine Girls: The Construction of Alternate Femininity in Enid Blyton's School Fiction' in the peer reviewed journal Heritage, a publication of Bethune College, 2014. ISSN 2349-9588.
- 'A 'damned charming' 'Fiend like queen': Charlotte Cushman and Ellen Terry's Representations of Lady Macbeth', Reading and Writing Difference: Gender and Literature, (Ed.) Sanjukta Das, Monfakira, 2013.
- 'Midget's Longing for the Moon: Fashioning the Self in Rassundari Dasi's Amar Jiban', Uneven Terrains: Critical Perspectives on Post colonialism, (Eds.) Abin Chakraborty and Sayan Aich Bhowmik, Booklore, 2011.