- Bethune College: (2001 - till date)
- Her areas of research revolve mainly around Organizational Behaviour and Gender Studies. However, research experience and interest of Dr. Bagchi also includes areas like Positive psychology, Stress management and Communication Skill Development. She also provides counseling to the students of Bethune College at the Psychological counseling Cell to cater to their emotional needs.
PG Dissertation area
- She has supervised dissertations at the Masters level under West Bengal State University and Indira Gandhi National Open University, PG in Applied Psychology in Bethune College, University of Calcutta in the areas of Organizational Behaviour and Consumer Behaviour. She has also supervised M. Phil dissertation in Gender Studies at the Women's Studies Department, University of Calcutta.
Articles in Books
Chapters published in Book (2010) onwards
- Introduction to Social and Industrial Psychology, edited by Dr. Ishita Chatterjee, pp-189-203 pp-189-203 (2016), Motivation. B. B. Kundu Grandsons. ISBN-978-93-84080-83-9
- 'Recent Approaches in Mental Health Research'. A study to evaluate the effectiveness of training programme on empowerment of women residing in urban and rural areas with reference to their need for achievement and perception of social support. K P BAGCHI. 2014. 978-81-7074-349-1
- "Monobidya".(2014). Memory and Motivation" West Bengal State Book Board.. ISBN No.987-81-247-0745.
- Recent Approaches in Mental Health Research. A Comparison Between Working and Non Working Females and Their Husbands With Respect To Self Esteem, Sex Role Attitude and Gender Role Identity.KP Bagchi and Company 2014. ISBN-978-81-7074-349-1
- "Alor Sarani Beye,Bethune College. ."Leela Roy: Biplabi Jiban o Byaktwitwo Porjalochona. Papyrus2011). ISBN-81-902458-3-X).
- Behavioural Issues in Ageing: Care, Concern and Commitment, Ed. Fakir Mohan Sahoo . "Staying in Family and Away at 'Home': Cognitive Style, Depression and Adjustment Pattern of the Aged" Concept Publishing Company, 2009), New Delhi: ISBN 10: 81-8069-592-1.
Articles in Journals
- Ghosh, S. and Bagchi, N. (2019). "MritShilpis"- The Idol makers- A study to evaluate the differences between the two sexes, male and female, relating to certain psychological variables associated with their profession. International journal of research in social sciences, 9(3.1). ISSN:2249-2496
- Bagchi, N. (2018) A Probe into The Psychological Variables of Male and Female Dhakis in Heritage, a peer reviewed Academic journal published by Bethune College. Volume V 2018.ISSN 2349-9583.
- Chakraborty, N. and Bagchi, N. (2018). Green consumerism: exploring the green buying behavior of male and female consumers. The research journal of social sciences, 9(7): 26-39.ISSN: 0025-1348 (P), 2456-1356 (O)
- Bagchi, N. (2017) "Amar mukti aaloy aaloy" (illuminated i am...amidst the lights of liberty). International journal of advanced research (IJAR). Int. J. Adv. Res. 5(11), 1475-1479. 2017 ISSN: 2320-5407. IMPACT FACTOR 6.118. Cross Ref DOI 10.21474/IJAR01.
- Bagchi, N. (2017) Dhakis-the drummers-a probe to evaluate the psychological variables associated with them. The research journal of social sciences vol1x number1.issn 0025-1348(p)2456-1356(o)doi10.105373/00251348 cosmos impact factor 5.250(2017). UGC listed 40820.
- Bagchi, N. and Chatterjee, M. (2016). A Study to Compare Two Groups of Railway Employees across Psychological Variables, namely, Locus of Control and Work Motivation. Heritage, 3: 167-172. ISSN: 2349-9583.
- Bagchi, N. (2015). "The Reality of the Fractured Psyche As Represented 'In The Grass Is singing' in the journal of "Social Sciences".4(6-1):9-13.ISSN 2326-9863(PRINT); ISSN:2326-988X(online)
- Bagchi, N. (2015). Looking through the lens of cancer patients-A Study to Investigate Difference between two groups of cancer patients belonging to two different age groups with respect to life satisfaction and locus of control. Heritage vol II 2015.ISSN 2349-9583.
Conference/ Seminar Paper Presentation Details
Full papers in Conference Proceedings
- A Probe into Organizational Ethos and Role Overload, Distance and Stagnation of Police Personnel Posted at Police Stations and at Special Forces in Kolkata Police. Paradigm Shift in Business Practices and Corporate Management. Institute of Business Management. Levant books India in association with The National Council of Education, Bengal, Jadavpur, Kolkata ISBN-978-93-84106-23-2. (2015)
Lectures (Since 2015)
- Organized webinar in Women's Studies Centre in collaboration with IQAC Bethune College Kolkata, on the topic 'Anatomy Is Destiny' on 12.7.2020.
- Speaker in an International Webinar Panel Discussion conducted by the International Justice Mission Kolkata and the Department of Social Work, St Xavier's University, Kolkata. COVID 19: Emerging Cyber Threats, Psychosocial Dimensions and the Way Forward for Students on 26.6.2020.Speaker in a National Webnar in a Panel Discussion on 19 June 2020 titled - 'Redefining work stress to convert into Professional Harmony' Amity University.
- Hooghly Mohsin College to hold an e-learning session on 09.06.2020 at 11 am to address stress-related issues that our students are experiencing in the current Covid-19 Lockdown period.
- Speaker at a departmental seminar e-learning session organized by the Dept. of English, Hooghly Mohsin College on "stress related issues during current lockdown period" on 14.4.2020.
- Guest of Honour at Marble Box on International Womens' Day, 8.3.2020.
- Speaker in a seminar on 'Mental Health awareness' organized by Netaji Nagar College on 7th December 2019.
- Chaired a session in a Three Day National conference organized by Dept of Applied Psychology, Kaji Nazrul University in collaboration with ICSSR Kaji Nazrul University titled 'Entitlement, Equality and Mental Health: Contemporary Psychosocial Perspectives. (November, 2019).
- Speaker in a Plenary Session in Three Day National conference organized by Dept of Applied Psychology, Kaji Nazrul University in collaboration with ICSSR Kaji Nazrul University titled 'Entitlement, Equality and Mental Health: Contemporary Psychosocial Perspectives. (November, 2019).
- Presented Symposium in a Three Day National conference organized by Dept of Applied Psychology, Kaji Nazrul University in collaboration with ICSSR titled 'Entitlement, Equality and Mental Health: Contemporary Psychosocial Perspectives (8th-10th November, 2019).
- Judge for a poster session at a National level NAAC sponsored seminar on 'Quality Enhancement of student centric Teaching Larning and Evaluation Process organized by IQAC, Bidhannagar College on November 15, 2019.
- Speaker and Chair in in Syllabus workshop in Two Days workshop Programme on UG Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) sem III organised by Dept of Psychology, Loreto college in collaboration with UG BOS in Psychology, University of Calcutta on 26th and 27th July, 2019.
- Interactive Session and stress management for PG students of English, Hooghly Mohsin College. 5.4.2019.
- Dept of Social Work, St. Xaviers University, Kolkata on World Social Work Day Workshop on Promoting Human Relations in Everyday Life....25.3.2019.
- Resource person in Syllabus workshop in Two Day Orientation Programme for the Execution of the Curriculum of UG Second Semester in Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) 2019 organised by Dept. of Psychology, Asutosh College in collaboration with UG BOS in Psychology, University of Calcutta. 16th and 23rd Feb 2019.
- Women and mental health and wellbeing- Refresher course in women's studies in UGC-Human Resource Development Centre (HRDC) University of Calcutta. Course name gender sensitization for professional development of teachers of different university and colleges. 16.11.2018.
- Workshop at Royal Global University on communication and Transactional Analysis. 2.11.2018.
- Legal Aid Services, West Bengal (LASWEB) in Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (5th batch) on Theories of Personality Development. 8.9.2018.
- Speaker at a live Phone-in programme titled "Sudhu Tomar Jonnyo" at All India Radio, Kolkata, Yuvavani section on 19.6 2017.
- Central Detective Training School, Govt of India. Topic: Counselling of child victims in a course on "Investigation of Crime against children &Juvenile Justice" on 17.5.2017.
- Legal Aid Services, West Bengal (LASWEB) in Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (4th batch) on Personality Development. 6.5.2017.
- Presented paper in symposium at "National Conference on Expanding Frontiers of Applied Psychology, organized by Department of Applied Psychology, University of Calcutta on 4th March, 2017.
- Legal Aid Services, West Bengal (LASWEB) in Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (4th batch) on Stress Management.2017.
- 11th 21day certificate course on legal and Psychological Counselling in Distress, Women's Studies Research Centre, Human Rights Law Network C.U. Topic-intervention strategies for post traumatic crisis management....9.4.2016, 13.4.2016, 20.4.2016.
- Work Stress and Psychological Well Being in PG. Course in Industrial and Organizational Psychology West Bengal State University on 30.9.2015.
- Communication and Conflict in PG Course in Industrial and Organizational Psychology West Bengal State University, 18.9.2015.
- Presented Paper in National Seminar on Paradigm Shift in Business Practices & Corporate Management organized by Institute of Business Management (Affiliated to Jadavpur University), The National Council of Education, Bengal on April, 24-25, 2015.
- Post Traumatic Crisis Intervention Strategies of Women in Distress. (26.2.2015) at the 10th Legal and Psychological Counseling of Women in Distress) Women's Studies Research Centre, Cu and Human Rights Law Network, Kolkata.
- Industrial Training and Development: Methods and Implications. PG Course in Industrial and Organizational Psychology West Bengal State University. 24.2 .2015.
Other Academic Pursuits
- Director, Women's Studies Centre, Bethune College
- Member editorial board of Heritage (Inter disciplinary journal published by Bethune College)