Dr. Seemanti Ghosh
|Designation||Assistant Professor in West Bengal Education Service|
|Qualification||First class in M.Sc. in Botany, Calcutta
Ph.D, Calcutta University (2007)
|Specialization||Cell Biology, Molecular Genetics and Plant Tissue Culture|
09 years of teaching experience including 05 years of postgraduate teaching.
- Taki Govt. College: 2006-2010
- Bethune College: 2010-till date
- Interested in exploring indigenous medicinal plant looking for its ex situ conservation and genetic diversity in terms of polymorphism and investigation of genetic diversity and evolutionary relationships of economically important plants of India with the aid of molecular cytogenetic tools.
- Participated in a Refresher Course in Biotechnology, Calcutta University from 06.11.17 to 26.11.17.
- Presented poster in National Seminar on 'Advances in biology: Exploitation of Phytoresources' 2nd and 3rd November, 2017 in Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Govt. College, New Town, Kolkata.
- Presented poster on 'Cytological investigations on edible accessions of Musa' in the International Conference on 'The green planet: past, present and future' , 21st- 23rd December, 2016 at Department of Botany, University of Calcutta.
- Presented poster on "Antidiabetic plants: sustainable use, conservation and future prospects" in UGC sponsored National Seminar- "Medicinal plants, health and environment", 9th-10th September, 2016 in APC College, New Barrackpore
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on "Teaching Botany in 21st century: prospects and challenges", 6th-7th August, 2016 in Bidhannagar College.
- Presented posters at 'Cytological analysis of Musa accessions in West Bengal' on 14th All India Congress for Cytology and Genetics, December 1-4, 2009, Kolkata, West Bengal; 'Medicinal plant and medicinal plant biotechnology in human welfare' on All India Seminar on Recent Trends in Utilization of Plants in Human Welfare December 24-25, 2010, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Kolkata.
- Oral presentation on 'Chromosomal database of available Musa cultivars in West Bengal' on National Symposium on Assessment and Conservation of Plant Genetic Resources under changing Environment September 08-10, 2010, Department of Botany, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
- Participated in the workshops on "Theoretical Syllabus of Botany Honours and General Courses" February 21-23, 2008, Kolkata, West Bengal, India; "Bioinformatics in Genomics and Proteomics" October 09- October 10, 2009, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India.
- Completed a Major Research Project (UGC)
entitled "DNA fingerprinting of Musa accessions
available in West Bengal", dated:12.03.2009 -
12.03.2012. - 3 years; amount sanctioned: Rupees 8
- Supervised PG dissertations
Some Important Publications
- Seemanti Ghosh, Anusree Das, Animesh Ghorai, Timir baran Jha (2013) Comparative kayomorphology of edible Musa cultivars of West Bengal. Caryologia 66(3):243-250. IF: 0.632 ISSN 0008-7114 (Print), 2165-5391 (Online)
- Seemanti Ghosh, Anusree Das, Animesh Ghorai and Timir baran Jha (2011) Meiotic studies in Musa L. cultivars. Chromosome Science 14: 33-38. ISSN: 1344-1051
- Seemanti Ghosh and Timir Baran Jha (2010) Medicinal plant and medicinal plant biotechnology in human welfare. Proceedings of the The All India Seminar on Recent Trends in Utilization of Plants in Human Welfare, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Kolkata; pp 101-108
- Seemanti Ghosh, Biswajit Ghosh, Sumita Jha (2008) Polymorphism in Gloriosa superba. Plant Genetic Resources7(01): 9-15. IF: 0.728 ISSN: 1479-2621 EISSN: 1479-263X