Dr. Smita Ray
First class first in M.Sc. in Botany, Calcutta
Ph.D, Calcutta University (2015)
|Specialization||Cell Biology, Molecular Genetics and Plant Tissue Culture|
- Taki Govt. College: 2008-2016
- Bethune College: 2016-till date
- Cytological and molecular approach for studying polymorphism of medicinal plants and Biotechnological approach to obtain secondary metabolite from medicinal plants.
- Presented poster on " Cytotoxic effect of artificial sweetners on plant test system" in AICCG and International Symposium on "Translationg genes and genomes" 29-31 , January, 2018 in IICB, Kolkata.
- Presented poster on '' Study of genetic variability in different accessiins of Catharantus roseus (L.) G. Don" in National Seminar on "Advances in biology: Exploitation of Phytoresources" 2nd-3rd November, 2017 in Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Govt. College, New Town, Kolkata.
- Participated in the One-day International Workshop on "Flood Disaster & Management", Jadavpur University on 29 Dec 2017.
- Presented poster on " Genetic transformation of Rauvolfia serpentina with Agrobacterium rhizogenes : Effects of Ri T-DNA on growth, phenotype and secondary metabolism in hairy root cultures" in the International Conference on "The green planet: past, present and future", 21st- 23rd December, 2016 at Department of Botany, University of Calcutta.
- Presented poster entitled 'Antiviral plants: a promising tool to drug development' in the International seminar on "Recent trends in microbiology", 14th January 2017, at Department of Microbiology, Ramkrishna Mission Vidyamandir.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on "Teaching Botany in 21st century: prospects and challenges", 6th-7th August, 2016 in Bidhannagar College.
- Presented poster on 'Antidiabetic plants:
sustainable use, conservation and future prospects'
in UGC sponsored National Seminar- "Medicinal
plants, health and environment", 9th-10th September,
2016 in APC College, New Barrackpore.
Seminar and Workshops
- Attended Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants, Spices and other Natural Products (ASOMPS XIII), IICT, 2008, Hyderabad
- Attended International Symposium on a journey from plant physiology to plant biology, 2008, Kolkata
- Attended Seminar-cum-workshop on the syllabi of B.Sc Hons. And General courses in Botany, 2010, Calcutta University
- Attended National Symposium on Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture: The Present Scenario, 2010, Kolkata
- Attended International Symposium on Trends in Plant Science Research, 2014, Kolkata
- Oral Presentation atNational Symposium on Plant diversity: Structure, Function, Utilization and Conservation, Botanical Society of Bengal, 2014, Kolkata
- Training course on Basics of Flow Cytometry at Center for Research in Nanoscince and Nanobiotechnology, University of Calcutta, 2015, Kolkata
Some Important Publications
- Genetic transformation of sarpagandha (Rauvolfia
serpentina) with Agrobacterium rhizogenes for
identification of high alkaloid yielding lines
Smita Ray, Anrini Majumder, Maumita Bandyopadhyay, Sumita Jha
Acta Physiol Plant. DOI 10.1007/s11738-014-1536-6
- Cytogenetic characterization of Agrobacterium
rhizogenes transformed root lines of Rauvolfia
Smita Ray, Tundra Samanta, Anrini Majumder, Maumita Bandyopadhyay, Sumita Jha
Nucleus. DOI 10.1007/s13237-014-0112-1