Dr. Sudeshna Mitra
|Designation||Assistant Professor in Philosophy, WBES|
|Qualification||B.A. Honours in Philosophy, 1st Class 1st,
University of Calcutta, 1988.
M.A. in Philosophy, 1st Class 2nd, University of Calcutta, 1990.
PhD from University of North Bengal in 2005 in Analytic Philosophy; Topic: "Russell's Theory of Descriptions: A Statement & Evaluation".
|Specialization||Logic & Analytic Philosophy|
15 years of teaching experience in Government Colleges.
- Darjeeling Govt. College from 1st April 2002 to 7th March 2006
- Chandernagore Govt. College from 13th March 2006 to 8th January 2013.
- Bethune College from 9th January 2013 onwards.
- Jubilee Post Graduate ( Merit) Prize, University of Calcutta, for obtaining First position in Philosophy at the B.A. Part II, 3 year Hons. Exam, 1988.
- National Scholarship Scheme Award, 1988
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship in 1994 by the Indian Council of Philosophical Research.
- Research Projects
- Completed UGC - Sponsored Minor Research
Project, 2014-2016 .Topic: Religion & Morality as
- Completed UGC - Sponsored Minor Research Project, 2014-2016 .Topic: Religion & Morality as Social Phenomenon
- Paper Presentations
- Entitled "Meinong's Theory of Objects" at 80th Session of Indian Philosophical Congress, University of North Bengal, 2005
- Entitled "Kishorder oporadh-porayonota, Samaj o Paribarer Bhumika" at 3rd West Bengal Social Science Congress, University of North Bengal, 2004
Articles in Journal
- Entitled "The Travels of Chitrangada and Tagore's Philosophy" in Heritage , Volume II , Peer Reviewed Journal of Bethune College , ISSN No 2349-9583 , 2015
- Entitled"Names & Descriptions" in Heritage, Volume I , Peer reviewed Journal of Bethune College, ISSN No 2349-9583 , 2014
- Entitled "Problem of Reference" in Indian Philosophical Quarterly, Vol. XXIX No. 4 ,University of Poona, ISSN NO 0376-415, 2002
- Entitled "Juvenile Delinquency: Causes & Prevention" in Endeavour, Academic Journal of Chandernagore Govt. College, 2006
- Entitled "Meinong's Theory of Objects : An Exposition" in Beekshon, Philosophical Journal of J.B.College, Jorhat, Dibrugarh University, 2005.
Book / Journals Edited
- Heritage , Volume II , Peer Reviewed Journal of Bethune College , ISSN No 2349-9583 , 2015
- Heritage , Volume I , Peer Reviewed Journal of Bethune College , ISSN No 2349-9583 , 2014
- Ethics in Theory and Practice, UGC sponsored Seminar Volume, Chandernagore Govt. College, 2009.
- • Secretary, Teachers' Council of Bethune College, February 2014 - April 2017
- Member , IQAC, Bethune College
- Life Member of Indian Philosophical Congress since 2014