Sri. Sumanta Mukhopadhay
|Designation||Assistant Professor in Bengali, West Bengal Education Service|
|Qualification||M.A in Bengali, Jadavpur University|
|Specialization||Modern Bengali Literature, Aesthetics,
Comparative literature, Modern Indian Poetry and Translation
16 years, 14 years in WBES.
- Barasat Govt. College (2002 - 2011)
- Darjeeling Govt. College (2011-2016)
- Bethune College (2016 - Till Date)
Travelled to Germany as part of the group of 10 Indian poets for a unique initiative 'Poets Translating Poets' which is a part of a two-year long literary project of Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan, Mumbai in September 2016.
Started research in the department of comparative literature on framing of BEAUTY and its politics in Bengali literature.
Submitted MRP in 2011 on Raja Rammohan Roy's aesthetics and politics: an early account
Delivered Kaji Najrul Memorial Lecture organized by Paschimbanga Kaji Najrul Islam Academy in 2014 on Modernism and Bengali poetry, Modernism and its impact in Bengali literature.
Some of important publications as follows
- An essay named Pada chinhe ananto uttar on Budhdhadev Bose in co memorial number Swagato Sanglap edited by Dr. Amio Dev, Published by Dey's publishing house.
- An entry on Joy Goswami and his literary career in,Encyclopedia of Modernism, Routledge
- Edited three volumes, Bhaskar Samagra. (Vasha bandhan), and two volumes Kobita samagra Pranabendu Dasgupta, (Saptarshi),4th Volume of kobita samogro Joy Goswami (Ananda Publisher's)
- Two entries titled Bengali prosody and Modern
Bengali prosody in encyclopedia of Indian aesthetics
published by Sahitya Academi of India.
Awards & Recognition
- Ananya Roy Smriti puroskar ( Vasabandhan, 2014)
Paschimbanga Bangla Academy smarak samman ( 2015)
- Coordinator of NAAC,2012- 2015 Darjeeling Govt. College
- Member of IQAC, Darjeeling Govt. College, 2014 - 2016
- Member of Paschim Banga Kaji Najrul Islam Academy, 2011- 2015