Sri. Sumanta Mukhopadhay
|Designation||Assistant Professor in Bengali, West Bengal Education Service|
|Qualification||M.A in Bengali, Jadavpur University|
|Specialization||Modern Bengali Literature, Aesthetics,
Comparative literature, Modern Indian Poetry and Translation
18 Years of UG and PG Teaching experience, 16 Years in W.B.E.S.
- Barasat Govt. College (2002 - 2011)
- Darjeeling Govt. College (2011-2016)
- Bethune College (2016 - Till Date)
Travelled to Germany as part of the group of 10 Indian poets for a unique initiative 'Poets Translating Poets' which is a part of a two-year long literary project of Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan, Mumbai in September 2016.
Started research in the department of comparative literature on framing of BEAUTY and its politics in Bengali literature.
Delivered Kaji Najrul Memorial Lecture organized by Paschimbanga Kaji Najrul Islam Academy in 2014 on Modernism and Bengali poetry, Modernism and its impact in Bengali literature.
Submitted MRP in 2011 on Raja Rammohan Roy's aesthetics and politics: an early account
Edited Books /Articles published in books
- 'Bangla Boi : Iqbal Prasanga', Published by Bangla Academy, 2016
- 'Kalika Prasad : Prosanga Gan', in Kalika Prasad Smarak Grantha , Published by Dey's,
- An essay named Pada chinhe ananto uttar on Budhdhadev Bose in co memorial number Swagato Sanglap edited by Dr. Amio Dev, Published by Dey's publishing house.
- An entry on Joy Goswami and his literary career in,Encyclopedia of Modernism, Routledge
- Edited three volumes, Bhaskar Samagra. (Vasha bandhan), and two volumes Kobita samagra Pranabendu Dasgupta, (Saptarshi),4th Volume of kobita samogro Joy Goswami (Ananda Publisher's)
- Two entries titled Bengali prosody and Modern Bengali prosody in encyclopedia of Indian aesthetics published by Sahitya Academi of India.
Articles published in Journals
- 'Sada Kagajer Lekha' - PROTIBIMBO ,2018
- 'Tushar Choudhuryr Kabita' - KRITTIBAS, 2017
- 'Rabi Baroyari - Boi Niye' - EI SOMAY,2017
Seminar/ Workshop/ Symposium
- Invited Speaker of PTP on Experiencing Translation , Frankfurt , Germany
- Invited Speaker of PTP on Translation and It's Different Aspects , Frankfurt , Germany
- Invited Speaker of PTP on Challeger of Writing Poetry In Bengal At Present and Differences of two Bengals : Poetry , Mumbai Festival, Mumbai 2016
- Invited Speaker on Kabitar Samay Organized by Taki
Awards & Recognition
- Paschimbanga Bangla Academy smarak samman ( 2015)
Ananya Roy Smriti puroskar ( Vasabandhan, 2014)
- Member of IQAC, Darjeeling Govt. College, 2014 - 2016
- Coordinator of NAAC,2012- 2015 Darjeeling Govt. College
- Member of Paschim Banga Kaji Najrul Islam Academy, 2011- 2015