Dr. Sutapa Datta
|Designation||Assistant Professor, WBES|
|Qualification||M.Sc in Zoology, Visva-Bharati University
Ph.D., Visva-Bharati University (2011)
|Specialization||Environmental Biology and Parasitology|
7 years of undergraduate and post graduate teaching experience
- Durgapur Govt. College : 16.12.2008 - 07.04.2015
- Bethune College: 08.04.2015- till date
- UGC sponsored National level Seminar "From Molecules to Ecosystem - A Zoological Perspective" organized by Department of Zoology, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College, Rahara, in collaboration with Department of Zoology West Bengal State University on 22.09. 2016 at Swami Vivekananda Hall of the College. Poster presentation.
- UGC-sponsored National Seminar on "The biggest challenge of green chemistry to use its rule in practice" (held at Department of Chemistry, A.K.P.C Mahavidyalaya, Bengai, Hooghly, 8- 9 October, 2015): Presented a poster
- 5Th National Conference on Respiratory Allergy and Immunology, ALLERCON 2015. Presented Poster
- UGC-DRS sponsored National Seminar on "Bioprospecting of Natural Products" (held at Department of Zoology, University of Burdwan, 05- 06 December, 2013): Presented a paper
- Golden Jubilee International Seminar on 'Researches in Zoology - Basic and Applied' (held at Department of Zoology, University of Burdwan, 17- 19 March, 2010): Presented a paper
- National Symposium on 'Comparative Endocrinology and Reproductive Physiology' (held at Department of Zoology, Visva-Bharati, 26-28 November, 2007)
- National Symposium on 'Recent Trends In Parasitological Researches' (held at Department of Zoology, University of Calcutta, 23- 24 March, 2006): Presented a paper
- XXIII National Symposium on 'Reproductive Biology and Comparative Endocrinology' (held at Department of Zoology, Visva-Bharati, 7-9 February, 2005)
- Sutapa Datta, Sudipta Maitra and S.P. Sinha Babu, Improved Antifilarial Efficacy Of Azithromycin By Acaciasides On Microfilaria Of D. Immitis In Vivo. International Journal of Informative and Futuristic Research, 4(2), 2016, pp 5149-5158. Open access Refereed Internationally indexed Journal. ISSN: 2347-1697
- P. Gayen, S. Maitra, S. Dattta and S.P. Sinha Babu 2010. Evidence for Wolbachiasymbiosis in microfilariae of Wuchereriabancroftifrom West Bengal, India J. Biosci. 35(1), March, 73-77.
- S. Dattta, S. Maitra, P. Gayen and S.P.
Sinha Babu 2009. Improved efficacy of Tetracycline
by acaciasides on Dirofilariaimmitis. Parasitology
Research 105: 697-702.
- N.C. Sukul, S. Dattta and S.P. Sinha Babu 2007.Conformational changes of bovine serum albumin in 4M urea and ultra high dilutions of different drugs. Science and Culture 73 (5-6) 173-175.
- S. Dattta, S. Maitra, P. Gayen and S.P. Sinha Babu 2007. Absence of endosymbiotic Wolbachia of Setariacervi from West Bengal, Birbhum. Current Science, 93 (1) 22-23.
- Sutapa Datta and Samiran Ghosh, Study on Winter Community of Butterflies in a Patch Forest near Garumara National Park, West Bengal, Heritage.
- Sutapa Datta, S.P. Sinha Babu, Mechanism of Action of Acaciasides on Microsomes of Setaria cervi, Journal of Natural Products and Resources 2(2) (2016) 76-78. A peer-reviewed international journal , ISSN:2455-0299 (online).
- Life member of the Zoological Association of Burdwan
- Life Member - The Zoological Society, Kolkata [35, B.C. Road, Kolkata- 700 019]