Information for Contributors
- Contributors submitting papers do so with the understanding that the work has not been published before, is not considered for publication elsewhere. The articles published in this journal are protected by copyright, which covers translation rights and the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute all articles printed in the journal. The work should not be published elsewhere in any language without the written consent of the publisher.
- Along with the hard copy of the article, contributors must attach a
separate top sheet to the contributed article with the following information:
- Professional/Institutional affiliation with designation and department,if any
- Name of institution, full address and office telephone number
- Residential address and telephone number
- Email ID
- All manuscripts for publication in the Journal and other communication should be addressed to the Editor, HERITAGE Journal, Bethune College, 181, Bidhan Sarani, Kolkata- 700006. The article should be sent as an email attachment, to email@example.com
- A paper after receipt goes through preliminary scrutiny following which it is sent to the referees. Depending upon the referees' comments, papers are either accepted as such or after modification. unsuitable papers are rejected.
Categories of Manuscripts
- General articles: (not exceeding 8000 words) Cited references to be limited to about 200 in number
- Review articles: (not exceeding 8000 words) Cited references to be limited to about 200 in number.
- Research articles (not exceeding 6000 words) In case of Science articles, research results of major significance should be reported. They should include an abstract and key words not more than five.
Manuscripts should be typed double spaced. The pages should be numbered consecutively, starting with the title page and through the next, reference list, tables and figure legends. In case of research articles belonging to the Humanities, Social Science, Science stream, manuscripts should contain the title of the article, running title, name(s) and address of the author(s), an abstract, not exceeding 200 words and key words not more than five.
Illustration: Illustrations must be kept minimum. All photographs and figures should be separate from the main body of the paper, their legends typed on separate sheets and numbered serially in the order mentioned in the text. On the back of each figure, orientation, figure number and author(s) name(s) may be indicated with pencil. Figures should be drawn in blank Indian Ink on tracing paper or ivory sheet, the actual size of the single figure or of the composite plate with several figures should not exceed 20x 15 cm. Photomicrograph should be glossy prints of good contrast.
Table: Table should be typed double space on separate sheets with suitable headings and serially numbered. Long tables should be avoided.
References: References should not include unpublished source materials. In
case of Science articles, references at the end of the text should be in the
Loknah, R and Shivshankar, K (1986), "Effect of foliar application of magnesium." Indian J. Seric 25:40-41.
In case of Articles published in languages, other than English (i.e. Bengali, Hindi and Sanskrit), the abstracts, keywords and references should be submitted in English along with the respective languages used in the articles.
- Every paper is sent to a reviewer. The reviewer's recommendation determines whether a paper will be accepted/ accepted subject to minor or major revisions/rejected. In case of suggested minor or major revisions, the editorial board will ensure the said revisions are correctly incorporated before final acceptance.
- Author(s) will be notified about the status of the paper within a stipulated period ( one month)
- If plagiarism is detected during the review process, the paper will be summarily rejected and no paper submitted by the said author will be accepted for publication in future.
- First Author will be treated as the communicating author except otherwise mentioned during submission.
- Decision of the Editorial Board will be final.
Checklist for the AuthorsBefore submitting the manuscripts, authors should check the following
- Any part of the paper has not been previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
- The submission should be made in MS Word/ PDF
- Manuscript submitted should strictly be in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Hard copy of the article may please be sent to the Editor, Heritage Journal, Bethune College, 181, Bidhan Sarani, Kolkata - 700006.
Submission of Paper
Authors are requested to submit the paper through the Bethune College Website. Papers are accepted in English, Bengali, Hindi and Sanskrit languages only.