I have UG teaching experience for 19 years in the fields of Macro Economics, International Economics, Development Economics, Managerial Economics, Statistics and Econometrics.
I have PG teaching experience for 8 years in International Economics and Statistics.
- Hooghly Mohsin College - October 2001 to March 2009.
- Bethune College - March 2009 till date.
My research interest primarily focuses on Health Economics and Economics of Regulation. My research works analyse the efficiency of hospitals and the impact of public private partnership initiatives of health outcomes. Though my primary research involves exploration and analysis of issues regarding public health system and health seeking behaviour of households, I also have research interest in issues of regulation economics in the context of changing role of state in health sector. I am currently working on public private partnership initiatives in health sector in India, Health seeking behaviour, as well as, relationship between health status and food habit of common people..
Major Research Projects
|Sponsors||Name of the researcher||Title of the project||Amount of fund alocated|
|National Rural Health Mission and Department
of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of West
|Dr. Satarupa Bandyopadhyay
|Evaluation of Access to Medicine and Diagnostics In Government Hospitals in West Bengal||14,33,880/-|
Article in journal
- Patra, M., Bandyopadhyay, S. (2020),
'Health seeking behaviour and its determinants in
urban areas of developing countries: A primary
survey in Kolkata city, India', International
Journal of Health Planning and Management, DOI:
10.1002/hpm.3043, Wiley, (ISSN No.1099-1751).
Ref: ( https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/hpm.3043 )
- Dutta, A., Bandyopadhyay, S. (2018), Policy Intervention for Access to Medicine: Does It Work Similarly for Poor and Non-poor? International Journal of Health Planning and Management, 34(1), DOI: 10.1002/hpm.2671, Wiley, (ISSN No.1099-1751). Ref: ( https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/hpm.2671 )
- Roy, H., Bandyopadhyay, S. (2018), 'Girls' Education in India: Where do we stand?', Heritage, V, Bethune College, Kolkata, India, 2018 (ISSN: 2349-9583).
- Bandyopadhyay, S., Sen, K. (2017), Challenges of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) in West Bengal, India: An Exploratory Study, International Journal of Health Planning and Management, 33(2), DOI: 10.1002/hpm.2453, Wiley, (ISSN No.1099-1751). Ref: ( https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/hpm.2453 )
- Halder, A., Bandyopadhyay, S. (2017), National Rural Health Mission: State wise Performance in India (2005-12), Heritage, IV, Bethune College, Kolkata, India, (ISSN: 2349-9583). Ref: ( http://www.bethunecollege.ac.in/heritagejournal/journals/heritageJournalVolIV2017/articles2017/Heritage2017-134-144-NationalRuralHealthMission.pdf )
- Hazra, S., Bandyopadhyay, S. (2016), Economic Reforms and Price Stability: Changing Role of RBI, Heritage, III, Bethune College, Kolkata, India, (ISSN: 2349-9583). Ref: ( http://www.bethunecollege.ac.in/heritagejournal/journals/heritageJournalVolIII2016/articles2016/EconomicReform-PriceStability-Role-of-RBI-Heritage2016.pdf )
- Bandyopadhyay, S., Dutta, A. (2016), Ensuring Access to Medicines through PPPs, Ideas for India. Ref: ( https://www.ideasforindia.in/topics/governance/ensuring-access-to-medicines-through-ppps.html )
- Dutta, A., Bandyopadhyay, S., Ghose, A. (2015), A Study of Public Private Partnerships in Secondary Hospitals in West Bengal: A Note to Policy, Indian Journal of Social and Natural Sciences, 4, ( HISSN No. 2277-6117).
- Ganguly, M., Bandyopadhyay, S. (2015), Public distribution system and food security in India: A review, Heritage, II, Bethune College, Kolkata, India, (ISSN: 2349-9583). Ref: ( http://www.bethunecollege.ac.in/heritagejournal/journals/heritageJournalVolII2015/articles2015/PublicDistributionSystem-and-FoodSecurity-in-India-Heritage2015.pdf
Article in Book
- Bandyopadhyay, S., 'Demand for Health Services', Unit 3, accepted on Aug 1, 2018, for publication with an ISBN number and is part of the course on 'Economics of Health and Education' bearing the course code BECE 141 - a Discipline Specific Elective course in the Fifth Semester of the 3-year CBCS undergraduate programme. When published, the course material (volume) will have an ISBN Number and the same is expected in May-June of 2021.
- Bandyopadhyay, S. (2016), 'Demand for Health
Services' S. Sandhya (ed.): Economics of Health,
Indira Gandhi Open University, 2016 (ISBN:
Used as a text book for MA in Economics course taught in IGNOU. (Ref: http://ignou.ac.in/upload/programme/H PG-Economics-E.pdf )
and uploaded as a e-content in e-gyankosh. Ref: ( http://www.egyankosh.ac.in/bitstream/123456789/61577/1/Block-3.pdf )
Other Academic pursuits
- Guest Lecturer in Economics (Health Economics), Department of Economics, University of Calcutta, 2013 - till date
- Referee work in peer reviewed Journals: European Journal of Social Sciences
- Session chair at Fourth International Research Scholars Workshop, Department of Economics, The University of Calcutta, 2018.
- Paper discussant at Fourth International Research Scholars Workshop, Department of Economics, University of Calcutta, 2018
- Paper discussant at Third International Research Scholars Workshop, Department of Economics, University of Calcutta, 2016
- Session chair at 11th World Congress of International Health Economics Association in Milan, Italy, 2015.
- Reviewer in Eleventh World Congress of International Health Economics Association, Milan, Italy, 2015.
- Paper discussant at Second International Research Scholars Workshop, Department of Economics, University of Calcutta, 2015
- Invited Lectures as invited Faculty in Joint Induction training course for WBCS(Exe) and other allied services Officers, Administrative Training Institute, Government of West Bengal, 2015- till date.
- Invited Faculty in Civil Service Coaching Centre, Government of West Bengal, 2014- till date.
- Policy Document: Dutta, A., Bandyopadhyay, S., Ghose, A. (2011), Hospital Efficiency in West Bengal : A Study on Secondary Level Hospitals, Study Report, The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal, India. The Executive Summary and policy suggestions of this report has been referred as guideline for policy document by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal, India. Ref: ( https://www.wbhealth.gov.in/uploaded_files/notice/summary.pdf )
Conference/ Seminar Paper Presentation Details
- Invited speaker : The lesson learnt from COVID-19: How prepared is our public health system? in a National level Webinar on 'Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Social Processes Around Us', organised by Berhampore College, Murshidabad, on 15-16th July, 2020.
- The new post COVID-19 technology-intensive teaching learning method in education: a cost-benefit analysis in comparison with the existing system, Virtual International Conference on World After COVID-19: Economic, Social and Political Transformations, University Business School Panjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana, 25th May, 2020.
- An evaluation of Fair Price Shops of Medicines: A PPP Initiative in West Bengal, (presented on behalf of the Government of West Bengal), Eleventh World Congress of International Health Economics Association, Universita Bocconi, Milan, Italy, 2015.
- Member of the International Health Economics Association
- Life Member of Bangiya Arthaniti Parishad (Bengal Economic Association)