I have 22 years of UG teaching experience in the fields of Micro Economics, Mathematical Economics and Development Economics..
- Derjeeling Government College (August 1997 to December 2001)
- Bethune College (December 2001 till date)
- My research interest primarily focuses on Agricultural Economics and issues related to Socio- economic problems of the national economy of India with respect to current national and international policies. At present my research activities concern reading and exploration of some specific issues in the field of demography, economic growth and inequality..
Article in journal
- Ray Choudhuri M and S. Dasgupta (2020) " Human Development Paradigm SDG 2030 and Global Competitiveness: Few Reflections on Indian Case" in Human Development in India: A Road Towards Sustainable Competitive Advantage, Book edited by Debashis Mazumdar, ISBN 978-93-5821-025-0, Kalyan Bharati Trust, Kolkata,2020.
- Paul, D. and S. Dasgupta. (2016). "Land Acquisition and its Impact on Development and Displacement" Heritage. Vol.3 pp: 95-105.
Conference/ Seminar Paper Presentation Details
- Invited speaker at a Webinar titled "Myths and Realities about Covid-19: Decoding the Socioeconomic and Political Impact", hosted by Banipur Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Banipur, Kolkata, 5th June,2020.
- Member of the Asiatic Society, Mumbai
- Life Member of Bangiya Arthaniti Parishad (Bengal Economic Association)