Estd. in 1879
First Women's College in Asia
Reaccredited at the 'A' Level by NAAC (Cycle 2), 2015
Secured 88th rank natonally in NIRF ranking 2020 under college category
DBT Star College
Received financial support under the DBT Star College Scheme of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India in 2020
From the Principal's Desk
Prof. Dr. Krishna Roy [Profile]
Bethune College, Kolkata, holds the singular distinction of being
Asia's first women's college and this unique position is due to its
glorious past and continuous association with women's education,
societal struggles and their empowerment. In the field of Higher
Education this is a rare achievement as this institution has been the
forerunner amongst other educational institutions.
I consider this an acknowledgment of my administrative capabilities and able leadership that I was offered and have taken up the position of Principal of Bethune College, with much anticipation and great pleasure.
It is necessary to reiterate that Bethune College is Asia's first women's college and this fact has many implications in view of its continuing success in the field of Higher education today. History teaches us that perseverance and dedication leave their footprints in the sands of time. Worldwide women's movements with respect to enfranchisement and education of women in the 1980's and 90's saw many changes in the global scenario. A large part of Europe and America brought forth governmental policies in favoring incentives to women's Higher education. The education sector in India also responded with many efforts to ensure women's visibility in all walks of life, medicine and administration being foremost among them. With a deep sense of pride we invoke the glorious past of Bethune College, particularly its history of being set up as the first institute of its kind in 1879.
The institution has produced doctors, scientists, litterateurs, journalists, public servants, sportspersons, performing artists, and administrators; in short, women have found a nurturing soul for their ambitions in Bethune college, which is a rare feat given that in society women in the past had to struggle for prominence much more than they have to, today.
From Bethune College emerged the first two lady graduates of British Empire, the historical figures of Dr. Kadambini Ganguly and Prof. Chandramukhi Basu, who later joined her alma mater as its first Principal. That historically the college has been producing icons of women's empowerment can be seen from the long list of its successful ex-students. We can mention only a few- Pritilata Waddedar, the first female martyr of India's freedom struggle, Jyotirmoyee Ganguli, the first woman councillor of the Calcutta Corporation, Ila Sen, the first Bengali woman to be selected for participation in Olympic Games, the first Woman D.Sc, Prof Asima Chatterjee, and the first woman D.Litt of Calcutta University, Dr. Sabita Mishra.
A hundred and forty one year journey during which Bethune College has maintained excellence in its performance through continuous updation of the teaching-learning process, innovative research pursuits and stringent academic standards. Awarded the Grade 'A' twice, in 2006 & 2015, by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), the College was granted the status of College with Potential for Excellence by the UGC. Recently, the institution has been honoured with the DBT Star status as a recognition of its relentless struggle for excellence and experimentation in the field of science. Satisfied with the performance of the science departments of our college, the Department of Science & Technology(DST), Govt. of India has sanctioned a considerable amount of funding under the DST-FIST programme in 2019 The college also received grants of substantial amounts under the Rashtriya Ucchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) for infrastructural and IT development.
Faculty of this college excel in the teaching-learning process as well as research. Continuous student-teacher interaction and assessment ensure that students form a meaningful educator-educatee relationship with the teacher and are motivated to perform in any platform under their supervision.
The Alumni Association of the institution which is 99 years old, works in a symbiotic manner with the college for the enrichment and progression of the students. With generous help and encouragement as well as administrative and financial assistance from the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal and constant cooperation from all the stakeholders, Bethune College has played a major role in contributing to the cause of women in the country, producing empowered and enlightened individuals.
The college believes in balancing tradition and modernity in such a way that the two can co-exist without contradictions, by continuously updating its value-based education system while being firmly rooted in its heritage. The core mission of the institution is increasing scope and diversification of knowledge, utilizing them to the betterment of society, especially fast tracking women's education so that they become psychologically and economically self-sufficient, which is a necessary step towards autonomy and independence from limiting factors. To this effect, the college offers quality education with a low fee structure. Overall, the aim of the college in which it has acquired unprecedented success is in helping women realise their highest potential and working towards it without fear. Bethune college thus carries forward the Indian legacy of multidisciplinary studies. Francis Bacon, the great Renaissance Humanist said, "Abeunt studia in mores" meaning that "Studies pass into character", and our students, who excel in all walks of life, certainly prove the truth of this aphorism..
To be engaged in academic pursuit till the last breath.
Prof. (Dr). KRISHNA ROY
Specialization : Nutrition, Immunology,
Microbiology and Environment
Designation : Professor and Principal, Bethune College Kolkata
181, Bidhan Sarani., Kolkata 700006
(Under Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal)..
Title of PhD Work : Immunological Studies on Enteropathogenecity of Non-01 Vibrio choleri Isolated from Clinical and Environmental Sources,( under Prof. A. C. Ghose, Former Emeritus Professor, Bose Institute, Kolkata.), awarded by University of Calcutta
Academic Qualifications (Graduation & onwards) :
|Name of the
|Subjects||Area of Specialization||Name of Institute/
|1||Bachelor of Science
(B.Sc.) with Honours
Rank : First Class
First in Calcutta
|2||Master of Science
Rank : First Class
Second in Calcutta
|3|| Doctor of Philosophy
|4|| Bachelor in Education
Rank : First Class
Fourth in Burdwan
|5||Qualified in UGC-NET||
|6||Post Graduate Diploma||
|Nutrition and Health
Employment History (including Post-Doc) :
|Period||Name of the Post as Applicable||Area of
|Name of Institute/
|1||16.07.1983||15.07.1986||Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)||Microbiology and
|Indian Council of Medical
|2||16.07.1986||15.07.1988||Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)||Microbiology and
|Indian Council of Medical
|3||12.09.1990||20.09.2010||Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Reader/
Associate Professor/Head, Suri
Vidyasagar College, Birbhum (Govt
aided College), District Birbhum,
|University of Burdwan|
|4||21.09.2010||02.01.2013||Professor and Head
Department of Physiology
Hooghly Mohsin College, Chinsurah,
District Hooghly, West Bengal
Department of Higher Education,
Government of West Bengal
|University of Burdwan|
Additional Director of Public
|All West Bengal|
|6||22.06.2015 (Afternoon)||30.09.2019 (Forenoon)||
Professor and Principal
Sister Nibedita Government General
for Girls, Hastings House,
Kolkata - 700027.
Department of Higher Education,
Government of West Bengal
|University of Calcutta|
|7||30.09.2019 (Afternoon)||Till Date||
Bethune College, Kolkata 700006
|University of Calcutta|
List of Projects Carried Out :
|Title of the Project||Sanction No.||Total Cost
|1||An Extensive Study Of Health Status Of Tribal People Living Near A Coal Based Thermal Power Plant In The Birbhum District With Special Emphasis On Respiratory Status.||PSW - 010/ 03-04 (ERO) dt 12.03.2004||91,500||UGC Minor Research Project||2004-2007 Completed Successfully||Principal Investigator|
|2||A Comparative Study on Perception of Post Menopausal Physiological Problems and Reproductive Health Status of Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribe Woman Population of Four Districts of West Bengal||PSW - 025/09-09 (ERO) dt 05.12.2008||1,56,500||UGC Minor Research Project||2009-2011 Completed Successfully||Principal Investigator|
Total Number of Research Papers :
Fellowships & Awards/ Prizes :
|Title of Fellowship/ Award/ Prizes|
|1||Junior Research Fellowship of ICMR(1983-1986).|
|2||Senior Research Fellowship of ICMR ( 1986-1988).|
|3||National Scholarship of Govt. of India (1975-1976) in H.S. Examination.|
|4||National Scholarship of Govt. of India (1978-1979) in B.Sc. Examination.|
|5||Jubilee Post Graduate (Merit) Prize for securing 1st Rank in Honours subject under Calcutta University.|
|6||Merit prize ( Silver Medal ) for obtaining second rank in M.Sc. Examination under Calcutta University.|
|7||Prof. J.N Moitra Oration Medal in 2016 as an outstanding Teacher in Physiology by the Physiological Society of India.|
|8||Sikhsa Ratna (2017): Awarded by Department Of Higher Education, Govt of West Bengal for outstanding contribution in Education.|
|9||Felicited by Sister Nivedita University on International Women's day 8th March, 2019, as one of the Women of Worth Conclave.|
Teaching / Research / Professional Experience:
- Teaching experience for more than 30 years as Lecturer, Senior Lecturer. Reader. Associate Professor( in Govt aided College ) and finally Professor ( in Govt College).
- Honorary Guest Professor in Physiology in the Post Graduate Department of the University of Burdwan and West Bengal State University; Post Graduate Department of Colleges under Calcutta University, Guest Professor in Nutrition & Physiology in Post Graduate Department of Kalyani University; Guest Professor in Post Graduate Department Of Physical Education, C.U, also, Guest p Professor in Environmental Science under Rabindra Bharati University study centre at Suri, Birbhum .
- Acts as Examiner, Paper Setter, Moderator for both General and Honours course students of Under Graduate and Post Graduate Physiology departments of Burdwan University, Calcutta University, Vidyasagar University,, North Bengal University, West Bengal State University and Kalyani University.
Professional & Administrative Association:
Ex Associate Professor & Head, Dept Of Physiology, Suri Vidyasagar College, Birbhum.
Ex Professor & Head, , Dept Of Physiology, Hooghly Mohsin college, Chinsurah, Hoogly.
.Joint Supervisor for two Ph.D. Scholars registered under Department of Physiology and Department of Food and Nutrition, Calcutta University.
Ex-Member, Under Graduate Board of Studies for Burdwan University and Kalyani University.
Ex-Chairman of both Under Graduate and Post Graduate Board of Studies, Burdwan University.
Ex-Coordinator, at Hooghly Mohsin College (DBT Star college), Chinsurah, West Bengal, 2011-2012.
Ex Additional DPI( Planning & statistics) Higher Education Department, West Bengal( 2013-2015)
[looked after service related matters of college employees and college administration; engaged in framing Policy on Educational Administration of Colleges.]
Ex Principal, Sister Nivedita Govt Gen Degree College for Girls, Kolkata,( 2015-2019)
Ex-Member, Executive Council, Burdwan University.
Member, State Advisory Board, RUSA.
Member, Governing Body, Asutosh College, Kolkata, since 2016
Member, Governing Body, State institute of Physical Education for Women, Kolkata. since 2016
Member, Governing Body, Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata. since 2016
Member, Senate, University of Calcutta since December 2016, also Member Board of Discipline and Board of residence (CU).
Member , Board of Directors, Sister Nivedita university, Kolkata .
Executive Council Member, Netaji Subhas Open University.
Ex-Honorary, Assistant Secretary, The Physiological Society of India from 2016-2020.
Acted as Chairman , UGC Expert Committee for Mid term evaluation of Construction of Women's Hostel in Colleges under Gauhati Universities in 2016.
Member, Under Graduate Board of Studies in Physiology, University of Calcutta.
Member, Undergraduate Board of Studies in Physiology, West Bengal State University.
Member, Post graduate Board of Studies, Department of sports Physiology, Calcutta University.
External Expert of the Selection Committee of University Research Scholar of Physiology in Kalyani University, West Bengal.
Acts as Paper Setter in life Science( Physiology) in The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
Board (PUBDET) since 2017.
Acted as Observer in the UGC accredited State Eligibility Test (SET) - 2017 .
Regularly acts as expert for the recruitment of College teachers under Public Sevice Commission .
Acted as Chairperson for the Interview Board for Primary Teachers under
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sagathan from 25.02.2019 to 27.02.2019
Participation in Professional Courses/ Workshops:
- Orientation Programme On Planning and Management Of College Finances, by NIEPA, New Delhi, from January 6th to January 10th 2020.
- Participated in Principal's workshop on CBCS in UG Curriculum: Design and Implementation , on 10th March 2018 in UGC-HRDC, University of Calcutta .
- Participated in the Short term Course in life Sciences ( Current perspectives in Life Sciences with focus on computational Biology) organized by UGC- Academic staff College, Calcutta University. From March 13th to March -19 th, 2012,
- Participated in Refresher's Course on Stress Physiological studies organized by Calcutta University. in the year 2000.
- Participated in Refresher's Course on Environmental studies organized by Viswa-Bharati, Shantiniketan.in the year 1998.
- Participated in Orientation Course on N.S.S organized by I.I.T, Kharagpur. in the year 1996.
- Participated in Orientation Course organized by Academic staff College, Calcutta University. in the year 1993.
- Roy, K. (1986). Comparative study of expression of Hemaglutinins, Hemolysins, and Enterotoxins by clinical and environmental isolates of non-01 Vibrio cholearae in relation to their Enteropathogenecity, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 52(4), 875-879.
- Roy, K. (1989). Hemaglutinins and Intestinal Adherence of clinical and environmental isolates of non-01 Vibrio cholearae. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 55(9), 2403-2406
- Roy, K. (1989). Identification of some antigenetically related outer membrane proteins of strains of. Vibrio cholearae 01 and non-01 serovars involved in Intestinal Adhesion and the protective role of Antibodies to them. Journal of Medical Microbiology, 1989 vol29, 33-39.
- Roy, K. (1990). Purification and characterization of a novel Hemaglutinin from Vibrio cholearae. Infection and Immunity, 58(11), 3698-3705.
- Roy, K. (2004). Survey of nutritional status of college -going adolescents and young adults of Birhum district of West Bengal with BMI study method. Indian Journal of Biological Sciences, 10, 15-20
- Roy, K. (2005). Survey of food habit and nutritional status of Tribal people (Santals) of Birbhum district of West Bengal. In : Proceedings of the UGC sponsored State level seminar on Recent Advances on Molecular and Integrative Physiology, 16-17th Dec.,.66-71
- Roy, K. (2005). A preliminary note on the Blood pressure profile of rural Santals of Birbhum district of West Bengal. Tribal Health Bulletin. 11( 1&2) 28-37.
- Roy, K. (2006). A study on Nutritional Status of Rural Santals of Birbhum District of West Bengal. J. Indian Anthropo. Soc., 41, 199-204.
- Roy, K. (2007). A glimpse of Health status of Santals of Birbhum district. Bharata Vidya, 6, 199-204.
- Roy, K. (2007). A study of cardiovascular health status on the fishermen at Puri (Orissa). Indian Science Cruiser. 21(2) 16-18.
- Roy, K. (2007). Growing trend of hypertension among the Rural Santals of Birbhum District Of West Bengal. In : Proceedings of UGC sponsored National Seminar on Recent Development in Disaster Management : An Indian Perspective, 24-25 Nov., 250-262.
- Roy, K. (2008). A comparative study on Nutritional Status and Menarcheal age of two distinct types of rural Santals of Birbhum District of West Bengal. Ind. J. Physiol. Allied. Sci.8, 62 (1), 16-23.
- Roy, K.(2008). A Study on Nutritional Status of Tribal women engaged in Brick fields of Birbhum District of West Bengal. Journal of Environmental Physiology, 1(1) 49-54.
- Roy, K. (2008). A study on the Perception and Experiences of Physiological problems faced by women at Menopause: A case study at the district town of Birbhum. Journal of Environmental Physiology,1(1), 20-28.
- Roy, K. (2008). A Study on Reproductive Health Status of Scheduled Tribe( Santals) Population of Birbhum District of West Bengal with special reference to their post- Menopausal Physiological Problems. Journal of Environmental Physiology, 1(2), 26-32.
- Roy, K.(2009). Teaching and Learning Human Malnutrition through community Health Survey on Tribal villagers: A Case Study. In : Quality in Higher Education: Issues and Challenges, Ashadeep, Kolkata in collaboration with Suri Vidyasagar College, 258-263. ISBN:978-81-908230-3-6.
- Roy, K. (2009). Health survey of Santals of Birbhum (In Bengali) Athacha , Edr. Mamun Hasan, 2(1), July, 169-175.
- Roy, K. (2011). Global Warming and emergence of Human Health hazards. In : Global Warming and Climate Change, Ashadeep, Kolkata in collaboration with Suri Vidyasagar College, 205-210. ISBN: 978-93-81245-08-8.
- Roy, K.(2011). Do women have intelligence? [ In Bengali] Durbar Bhavana, 3(2), June, 5-6. ISSN2349-6436.
- Roy, K. (2011). Alok Probahe Ekti Jyotishka: Sir U. N. Brahmachari (in Bengali). Hoogly Mohsin College 175: 206-213.ISBN:978-81-908801-4-5.
- Roy, K.(2012). Surrogate Motherhood: Ethics and Challenges against Human Rights. In: Prasanga: Manusher Adhikar, Hoogly Mohsin College, 133-144, ISBN:978-81-908801-3-8.
- Roy, K.(2012). Global Warming, Climate Change: Reflections on Human Health. AJHMC, 7(1). ISSN 0973-6212. Published by Hoogly Mohsin College, West Bengal.
- Ray Chaudhuri, S. S., Biswas, C. and Roy, K. (2012). A Subjective and
Objective Analysis of
Pain in Female Brick Kiln Workers of West Bengal, India. International Journal of Occupational
- Safety and Health, 2(2), 38-43.
Roy, K.(2012). Nutrition and Child Nutrition survey( In Bengali) Durbar Vabna,( August) vol 4, no 05 p18-19, ISSN 2349-6436
- Roy, K. (2012). A diary of a house-wife, thinking of the
( in Bengali). Masik Basumati, Spl. Issue on Environment, June,11-15..
- Roy, K. (2013). Vivekananda: Byakigata Swastha and Swastha Bhavna.( in Bengali). In : Bahurupre Sammukhe Tomar. Punascha.Kolkata, 297-314. ISBN:978-81-7332-675-2.
- Roy, K.(2013). Asutosh and Study of Bengali Language . Panchakot Essays, 4 (2), 10-12. ISSN -0976-4968.
- Roy, K.(2014). Modern life and life style diseases (In Bengali:). Masik Basumati, August, 31-33.
- Roy, K. (2015). Osteoporosis: A Panoramic view. SVC International Journal of Research, 1(1), 53-59.
- Roy, K. (2015). Intelligence, intellect and thought process ( In Bengali) Autumn Annual (Presidency Alumni Association) , XLIV 2015-2016,76-79.
- Piyanka Sengupta, Bulbul Thakur & Krishna Roy (2016). Central obesity: an important indicator of reproductive Health of young urban women Of Kolkata Ind..J. Physiol.& Allied Sci., Vol LXX, No 2, p-49-55.(ISSN 0367-8350)
- Ghara, T.K. and Roy, K.(2017). Adolescent Studies in India: A data analysis. International Journal of Advanced Research and Development, 2(1), 58-63, ISSN - 2455-4030
- Ghara, T.K. and Roy, K.(2017). Alzheimer's Disease - An Analytical View. IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science (IOSR-JNHS) , 6(4), 31-35, ISSN - 2320-1940
- Ghara, T.K. and Roy, K. (2017). Impact of Kanyashree Prakalpa - Districtwise Analysis, IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS) 22(7), 27-35, ISSN: 2279-0845.
- Roy, K.(2017) Sister Nivedita: A Great Educator, Research views, Special issue: Sister Nivedita Published by Institute oF Educational research and studies(IERS) & primary teachers' Training Institute(PTTI), Kolkata, vol: ix,p 4-8.
- Piyanka Sengupta, Krishna Roy, Bulbul Thakur (2017) Effect of Percentage of Body Fat(PBF) on the Reproductive Health of Adolescent Girls. In Proceedings on Women Empowerment and Higher Learning : Revisiting the Perspectives of Sister Nivedita in this e -Era, 2017. Published by Academic Publishers, Kolkata, with financial grant from Govt of West Bengal. P -105-108. ISBN-978-81-9333395-0-3.
- Roy, K.(2017) Alzheimer's Disease: a brief look, Scientific Vistas , vol 1. Issue 1 , page: 1-16.(ISSN: 2582-0060).
- Roy, K. (2019) A Study on the Self Assessment of Post Menopausal problems among the Santals: A Case study in three Districts of West Bengal, IBJCA, eISSN: 2582-4716 VOLUME-1, ISSUE-2-3, ibjcal 2019, SD03, pp. 66-74.
- Roy, K. (2019) Women at the epicentre of Alzheimer's Disease: Role of Female sex hormones : Scientic Vistas , vol 2, Issue :1, April 2019, p 1-7. ISSN 2582-0060.
- Roy K. (2019) Bharate Sikhsa Sangskar: A Bishmritipray Pathik Sister Nivedita. Itihas O Sanskriti vol 5 2019. Kolkata , PALOLICK, ISSSN 2394-5737.
- Roy K. (2020). Unheard voices: A panoramic View of life Style Diseases and occupational Health hazards of women in India , In Voices Beyond Silence: Issues and Insights, edited by N bagchi & M Ghosh, Published by SOPAN , Kolkata & Bethune College. Novembeer 2020, page 3-19.
- Roy K. (2020).Radical Reform of Education in India: Nearly forgotten Sojourner, Sister Nivedita., in Revisioning Sister Nivedita, edited by S Das, P Ghose& K Sinha Roy. Sampark, Kolkata , Dec 2020, page 39-53.
- Roy K.(2020). Effect of Environmental factors on Human Sleep. In Proceedings of Seminars on Environment: Issues for Concern, organized by Bethune College, Kolkata, held on 24th February 2020, page :32-35
- Roy K. (2020) Self Confidence, Neurohormones and Diet. In Proceedings of one Day State level Seminars on Career Counselling and soft Skill Development, organized by Bethune College, Kolkata, held on 19th February 2020, page :20-21
Roy, K. (2005). Pushti Vigyan (Text Book on Nutrition in Bengali for Classes XI & XII), Deep Prakashan, Kolkata.Total pages - 224.
Roy, K. (2005) and Roychowdhuri, S. (2005). Paribesh Bhabna (A Text Book for Environmental Studies for Undergraduate Students), Granthatirtha, Kolkata. Total pages - 160. ISBN:-81-7572-198-7.
Roy, K. (2006). Madam Curie (A Biography), Granthatirtha , Kolkata. Total pages - 80. ISBN:978-81-7572-209-5.
Roy, K. (2008). Prasanta Chandra Mahalanabis (A Biography), Granthatirtha, Kolkata. Total pages - 80. ISBN: 978-81-7572-281-1.
Roy, K. (2008). A Blooming Bud (About chronological record of a child just after birth), Punascha, Kolkata. Total pages - 100
Roy, K. (2009). Ei Ami, Ami Nari (A collection of Essays on biological aspect Of Women.) 2009. Punascha , Kolkata. Total pages - 175. ISBN:978-81-7332-566-3.
Roy, K. (2010). Ivan Petrovich Pavlov (A Biography),Granthatirtha , Kolkata. Total pages - 104. ISBN:978-81-7572-303-0.
Roy, K. (2011). Alexander Flemming (A Biography), Punascha, Kolkata. Total pages - 72. ISBN:978-817572-310-8.
Roy, K. (2012). Kadambini Gangopadhyay (A Biography), Punascha, Kolkata. Total pages - 72. ISBN:978-817572-331-3.
Roy, K. (2012). Uchhaadhyamk Pushtividya (A Text book on Nutrition at Higher Secondary level), Educational Forum, Kolkata. Total pages - 416
Roy, K. (2013). Sir Upendranath. Brahmachary (A Biography), Punascha, Kolkata. Total pages - 72 ISBN:978-817572-349-8.
A BENGALI NOVEL, BASED ON PARTITION, MEMORY, MIGRATION : JE DIN GECHE VESE, JAYDHAK PRAKASHAN, KOLKATA, SEPTEMBER 2020, ISBN-978-81-945751-9-1.
A BIOGRAPHY ON VIDYASAGAR AT HIS 200TH BIRTH ANNIVERSARY: VIDYASAGAR : A NISSONGO JIBON PATHIK, ASHADEEP, KOLKATA. SEPTEMBER 2020. , ISBN-978-93-88868-55-6.
- Academic Journal of Hoogly Mohsin College, August 2012, 7(1), Published by Hooghly Mohsin College, Chinsurah, Hoogly, West Bengal. ISSN: 0973-6212 (Acted as Editor)
- Academic Journal of Hoogly Mohsin College, November 2011, 6 (1), Published by Hooghly Mohsin College, Chinsurah, Hoogly, West Bengal ISSN: 0973-6212 (Acted as Editor)
- Prasanga: Manusher Adhikar (In Bengali), 2012, Published by Hooghly Mohsin College, Chinsurah, Hoogly, West Bengal with financial Grant from UGC ISBN: 978-81-908801-3-8 (Acted as Joint Editor).
- Proceedings on Women Empowerment and Higher Learning : Revisiting the Perspectives of Sister Nivedita in this e -Era, 2017. Published by Academic Publishers, Kolkata, with financial grant from Govt of West Bengal. ISBN-978-81-9333395-0-3( Editor in Chief).
- Scientic Vistas: ( A Peer Reviewed Science Journal) Vol 1 and Vol 2 for 2017 and 2019. As Editor in Chief, from Sister Nibedita Govt Gen Degree College For Girls, Kolkata. ISSN: 2582-0060
- Iswar Parabare ( A Bengali book as a tribute to Pundit Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar at his Bi- 2582-0060centennial Birthday, published by Bethune College, Kolkata, on 26.09. 2020, ISBN: 978-81-948279-1-7(as Editor in Chief)
- Prohor Punthi ( A Bengali book as a collection of essays on various aspects of pandemic due to SARS COV-2, for a period of six months, published by Bethune College, Kolkata, and Sopan publication, Kolkata on 30.09. 2020, ISBN: 978-81-948279-0-0( as Editor in Chief)
- Voices Beyond Silence: Issues and Insights, ( A collection of articles on women issues) published by Bethune College, Kolkata, and Sopan Publication, Kolkata on November 2020, ISBN: 978-81-948279-2-4( As Chief Editor).
- UGC sponsored State level workshop on Application of Statistics in Biology & Clinical research at Hoogly Mohsin College, Chinsurah, West Bengal, on March 27-28, 2012.
- UGC sponsored Sir Upendranath Brahmachari Memorial Lecture at Hoogly Mohsin College, Chinsurah, West Bengal, on September, 2012.
- Dept of Higher Education, Govt of West Bengal Sponsored Interdisciplinary State level Seminar series ( September 28 2016 to February 21 2017) in memory of Sister Nivedita at Sister Nibedita Govt Gen Degree College For Girls, Kolkata.
- Dept of Higher Education, Govt of West Bengal Sponsored Interdisciplinary State level Seminar series (February 18th 2020 to February 24th 2020 at Bethune College , Kolkata.
- Several Webinars on various subjects during 2020 during lock down period.
Talks and lectures: Since 2013
- '' A Study on Nutritional Health Status of Scheduled Tribe Rural Children of Two districts of West Bengal: Role of Mid Day Meal and Dietary intake'' Invited as Guest Speaker in The Indian Science Congress Association , 100th Session of Section of Medical Sciences including Physiology ,at University College of Science and Technology, University Of Calcutta Jan 05, 2013 .
- ''Higher Education Department and Women Education''. Invited as Guest Speaker in the Two days Seminar on Best Practices in Student Support & Progression, sponsored Basanti Devi College, Kolkata. June 5, 2013
- ''Sir Asutosh Mookherjee and his contribution in the spread of Bengali Language''. '' Invited as Guest Speaker in the Seminar sponsored by Panchakot Mahavidyalaya, Purulia. Nov 24, 2013
- "Life and Contributions Of Sir Asutosh Mookherjee .'' Invited as Guest Speaker in the Celebration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Sir Asutosh Mookherjee, organized by ISCA , Kolkata Chapter , University College of Science and Technology, University Of Calcutta Dec 14, 2013 .
- '' CAS and related Issues. '' Invited as Guest Speaker in the One day State level UGC sponsored workshop on Developing Administrative Skills for Academic and Administrative Staff organized by Suri Vidyasagar College, Birbhum September 13, 2014.
- '' Nutrition and nutrition Disorder among elderly Population: Issues and Remedies.'' Invited as Specially invited Speaker in the FIP PHYSICON 2014, XXVIth annual conference of PSI and a National level Seminar, organized by Behrampore Girls'College and Central Sericulture Research & Training Institute, Berhampore. , West Bengal. Dec 19, 2014 .
- ''Higher Education Department (W.B.): Academic Innovations & Administration'' Invited as Guest Speaker in The Workshop , for Principal/ Academic Administrators at the Academic Staff College, University Of Burdwan. December 24, 2014.
- '' Nutrition and nutrition Disorder among elderly Population: Issues and Remedies.'' Invited as Guest Speaker in the 98th Orientation Programme at Academic Staff College, University Of Burdwan. January 13, 2015.
- '' CARREER ADVANCEMENT SCHEME( CAS) AMONG FACULTIES OF COLLEGES IN WEST BENGAL ( under UGC Regulation 2010).'' Invited as Guest Speaker in the 98th Orientation Programme at Academic Staff College, University Of Burdwan. January 13, 2015.
- ''When A Teacher Becomes An Academic Administrator: A Discussion Meant for Teachers With Life Science background.'' Invited as Guest Speaker in the Refresher course in life Sciences , organized by Academic Staff College, University Of Calcutta, April 07, 2015.
- ''Promotion Process under CAS'' Invited as Guest Speaker in the Seminar sponsored by IQAC of Netaji Nagar College for Women, Kolkata , July 24, 2015.
- A DICUSSION INEVITABLE FOR FACULTY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM IN COLLEGES. Invited as Guest Speaker in the Seminar sponsored by IQAC of Vidyasagar College for Women, Kolkata , July27, 2015.
- '' Dying well : A few words. ''. Invited as Guest Speaker in the UGC sponsored 2 Days National Seminar on Euthanasia and its legal Status - A Comparative Study, organized by South Calcutta Law College, September 12, 2015.
- '' Promotion and other Service related matters for Teachers and Librarians in West Bengal ''. Invited as Guest Speaker in the 112th Orientation Programme , organized by Academic Staff College, University Of Calcutta, Dec 03, 2015
- '' Glimpses of Osteoporosis ''. Invited as Guest Speaker in the International Seminar and celebration of 25 years of Physiology , organized by department Physiology, Raja N.L.Khan Women's College, West Bengal, Dec 12, 2015
- '' Osteoporosis: At A Glance'' Invited as Plenary speaker in the FIP PHYSICON 2015, an International Seminar Promotion, organized by Physiological society of India at the University College of Science and Technology, University Of Calcutta Dec 20, 2015 .
- '' Service Related Matters of Faculty in Higher Educational Institutions: An inevitable Discussion'' Invited as Guest Speaker in the Orientation Programme , organized by Academic Staff College, University Of Calcutta, Feb 17, 2016
- ''Promotion under CAS for the Faculty in Higher Educational Institutions under UGC Regulation 2010: A New concept''. Invited as Guest Speaker in the seminar sponsored by IQAC, Charuchandra College. Kolkata. March 28, 2016.
- Delivered J N Moitra Memorial Award lecture at PHYSICON -2016 , on 18th November 2016 at the Midnapore College, Autonomous on Alzheimer's disease : a brief look.
- Delivered invited lecture entitled ''Role of Micronutrients in Alzheimer's Disease'' in Govt of WB Sponsored State Level Seminar on Micronutrient Deficiencies on Role of Micro nutrients: Prevention and control on 18th February 2017 at Berhampore Girl's College, West Bengal.
- Delivered invited Eleventh K.S Memorial lecture entitled '' Women Education in India: Sister Nivedita revisited organized by '' Institute Of Educational Research & Studies, PTTI,'' recognized by NCTE, ERC, Bhubaneswar. , on 16th June 2017 at asutosh Mookerjee Memorial Institute , Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Delivered invited lecture on '' Optimal infant & young child feeding : Practices- Better Child Health'' in National nutrition Week Celebration 2017, organized by Dept Of Food & Nutrition, on 6th September 2017.
- Delivered invited Lead- lecture entitled '' Alzheimer's Disease: a new Challenge to Human Health'' in Govt of WB Sponsored One Day State Level Seminar on Biological sciences in the New era, : Current Progress and the challenges ahead, on 30th January 2018 at Govt General degree College at Kaligunj , West Bengal.
- Invited speaker at the121st Orientation Programme , organized by UGC-HRDC, University Of Calcutta on 15th February 2018 on Eating disorders: among Young Women .
- Invited speaker at The Government physical Education College For Women, Hooghly on Nutrition and performance under Extension Service Programme, on 19th March 2018.
- Delivered Hemprova Mac Donald Memorial Lecture organized by National Council Of education , Jadavpur, on 1st July 2018, on '' Concerns about Dementia: A Social problem.
- Delivered Invited Lecture on '' Memory Disorders among senior citizens and the role of NSS volunteers in college'' at the Heritage College , Kolkata on 29th August 2018.
- Delivered invited lecture as Resource person in the 120th orientation programme organized by UGC-HRDC, C.U on 3rd September 2018 on '' Dementia among Elderly people''
- Delivered invited lecture as Resource person in the 121st orientation programme organized by UGC-HRDC, C.U on 3rd September 2018 on ''Bullimia nervosa and other Eating Disorders''
- Delivered Special Invited Lecture at the National Seminar on Biological Sciences for Human Welfare: Teaching and research in Modern Perspectives BIOSEM 2018, at Berhampore Girls' College on 29th September 2018 on EATING DISORDERS AMONG YOUNG WOMEN : A PANORAMIC VIEW.
- Invited speaker in The International Seminar PHYSICON -2018 at Serampore Girl's Collegw on 23rd November 2018 on ''Eating Disorders: A Serious health problem of 21st century''.
- Delivered Invited lecture on '' Sister Nivedita Revisited'' in the symposium on 150th Birth Anniversary of Sister Nivedita and 125th Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda's Chicago Address, organized by Vivekananda Institute of Environment and Management, and CSIR-Central glass & Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata on 28th November 2018.
- Invited speaker at The Refresher Course in Biological Sciences, organized by UGC-HRDC, University Of Calcutta on 4th January 2019 on Eating Disorders: Shedding Light On the darkness.
- Invited to deliver Special lecture at The Post graduate Dept Of Sociology, Rabindra Bharati on '' Dementia among elderly population: A rising social problem ''on 20th February, 2019.
- Delivered Keynote Speech on International Women's Day on 08th March 2019 in Sister Nivedita University, Kolkata.
- Delivered Invited Lecture in SKBU on 17th September 2019 on '' Scientific contribution of Pundit Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar."
- Delivered Invited Lecture in the Dept Of Sociology, RBU on 24th September 2019 on '' Science Teaching and Vidyasagar''.
- INVITED SPEAKER IN PANEL DISCUSSION , IN INDIA INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE FESTIVAL 2019 FOR WOMEN IN STEM, ON 7TH NOVEMBER 2019
- Delivered Invited lecture at The National Conference at PHYSICON -2019 , on 15th November 2019 at the Bankura Christian college on ''Women at the epicenter of Alzheimer's disease : A brief look''.
- Delivered Invited lecture at The Orientation Programme , at UGC-HRDC, CU, on 25th November 2019 at on ''Women and Alzheimer's disease"
- INAUGURAL TUES DAY LECTURE IN BETHUNE COLLEGE ON '' ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE: ON 6TH DECEMBER 2019.
- INVITED SPEAKER IN ONE DAY STATE LEVEL SEMINAR ON MODERN TRENDS IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AT KRISHNATH COLLEGE, BERHAMPUR ON ON 5TH FEBRUARY, 2020.
- INVITED SPEAKER IN PANEL DISCUSSION ON INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY CELEBRATION BY SISTER NIVEDITA UNIVERSITY ON 6TH MARCH , 2020 ON '' CONTRIBUTION OF SISTER NIVEDITA TO THE WOMEN OF INDIA''
- ACTED AS GUEST OF HONOUR IN THE INAUGUARAL CEREMONY OF CENTENARY CELEBRATION OF BETHUNE COLLEGE SAMMILONI AND DELIVERED A LECTURE ON THE LIFE SKETECH OF KADAMBINI GANGOPADHYAY. ON 3RD SEPTEMBER 2020.
- INVITED SPEAKER IN WEBINAR ON ROLE OF VIDYASAGAR IN SCIENCE TEACHING IN COLONIAL BENGAL AT VIDYASAGAR COLLEGE FOR WOMEN ON 26\TH SEPTEMBER, 2020 , AT 4 PM.
- INVITED SPEAKER IN WEBINAR ON SCIENTIFIC TEMPERAMENT OF VIDYASAGAR THROUGH OUT HIS LIFE ON 26\TH SEPTEMBER, 2020 TAMRALIPTA MAHAVIDYALAYA AT 7PM
- INVITED SPEAKER IN THREE DAY NATIONAL WEBINAR, ORGANIZED BY BERHAMPUR GIRLS'COLLEGE ON ROLE OF VIDYASAGAR AS A PIONEER TEACHER IN PHYSIOLOGY IN COLONIAL BENGAL ON 27 TH SEPTEMBER, 2020
- Delivered talk on Rosalind Franklin at Jadavpur University Community Radio (90.8 MHz) and UNESCO organized program "Sishu Taranga" on 13th November 2020.
Lectures which were abstracted:
- Onset of menarche among socio- economically backward adolescent scheduled caste and scheduled tribe female subjects of Birbhum District of West Bengal: Role of Nutritional status and dietary intake. (at International conference on Molecules to System Physiology: 100 years of journey. ICMSP100 )
A few Bengali Publications for the last 10 years: ( Non fictional):
- মানুষের অধিকার, সামাজিক ন্যায় , আন্তর্জাতিক আইন এবং বিশ্ব শান্তি( অনুবাদঃ মূল রচনা শ্যামল কুমার সেন)শারদীয় বসুমতী, কলকাতা, ১৪১৯, পৃ:৩৩১-৩৪৩।
- সুচিত্রা ভট্টাচার্যের সঙ্গে ১৯শে এপ্রিল ২০১৬, মালিনী, বৈশাখ, ১৪২৩ ( ইংঃ ২০১৬), পৃ-৬৯-৭১
- কাব্য সাহিত্য ওঃ ভালবাসার সন্ধানঃ পশ্চিমের একফালি জানালা, কফিহাউস পত্রিকা, বইমেলা, ২০১৭, ৩৬তম বর্ষ পৃঃ১৯-২৩।
- ভাষান্তরে রবীন্দ্রনাথঃ ্ মায়ারং বার্ষিক সাহিত্য পত্রিকা, সংখ্যা ৪, মার্চ ২০১৭, পৃ ১৫-১৬।
- একুশের ভাবনাঃ আপন ভাষা ক্যান ছাড়ুম? যুগ সাগ্নিক পত্রিকা, কলকাতা, ২১শে ফেব্রুয়ারি, ২০১৮।
- দেখোরে নয়ন মেলে( পরিবেশ বিষয়ক আলোচনা) ঃ ইচ্ছামতী বাঙ্গলা ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন,, বিভাগ ঃ পরশ মাণিক, ৫ ই জুন ২০১৮ (www.ichchhamoti.in)
- খাওয়া না খাওয়ার চক্করে, হরেক রোগের খপ্পরে( পুষ্টি বিজ্ঞান নিয়ে আলোচনা) ঃ ইচ্ছামতী বাঙ্গলা ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন, বিভাগ ঃ বিশেষ রচনা, ১৭ ই জুন ২০১৮ (www. ichchhamoti.in)
- বিজ্ঞান চর্চায় বাঙালি মেয়েরাঃ ( ''বাঙালির বিজ্ঞানচর্চা'' গ্রন্থে ) ( প্রাক স্বাধীনতা পর্ব ), সম্পাদনা ধনঞ্জয় ঘোষাল, আশাদীপ, কলকাতা,জুলাই ২০১৮, পৃঃ২০৬-২১৪। ISBN: 978-93-81245-99-6
- আন্তর্জাতিক নারী দিবস (২০১৯) ঃ শ্রেয়র লক্ষ্যে ভারসাম্য বজায় রাখা। সাহিত্য ওয়েব ম্যাগ, ১৭ই মার্চ, ২০১৯।
- শ্রীচরণেষু বিদ্যাসাগর মহাশয়ঃ ইরাবতী ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন, ২৯শে জুলাই, ২০১৯, (www.irabotee.com)
- বিদ্যাসাগর আর তাঁর কালের মেয়েদের শিক্ষা ঃ ইচ্ছামতী বাঙ্গলা ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন, বিভাগ ঃ বিশেষ রচনা, ২৬শে সেপ্টেম্বর ২০১৯ (www. ichchhamoti.in)
- উনিশ শতকে বাঙ্গালির বিজ্ঞান-মনস্কতা ও বিদ্যাসাগর ঃ বসুমতী বিদ্যাসাগর সংখ্যা, ২০১৯, পৃঃ
- ভালবাসার অ্যানাটমি, (শারীরতত্ত্ব -বিষয়ক) একমাত্র পত্রিকা, শারদ- সংখ্যা ১৪২৬,( ইং ২০১৯) পৃঃ ৭-১০
- শিক্ষা প্রশাসক বিদ্যাসাগর ঃ মালিনী শারদ সংখ্যা ১৪২৬ ( ইং ২০১৯) পৃঃ ২১-২৫
- বাংলা অনুবাদ সাহিত্যের পথিকৃৎ বিদ্যাসাগর, শারদীয়া অনুবাদ পত্রিকা, ১৪২৬, পৃ ঃ ১৭-২৩
- কান্নার নেপথ্যেঃ একটি বিজ্ঞান ভিত্তিক পর্যালোচনাঃ মাসিক এবং স্রোত, ষষ্ঠ বর্ষ, উৎসব সংখ্যা, ১৪২৬ (অক্টোবর-ডিসেম্বর২০১৯)পৃঃ৫১-৫৪
- অলৌকিক আলাপনঃ ( বিদ্যাসাগর ও সাবিত্রীবাই ফুলে বিষয়ক রচনা)ঃ ইরাবতী ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন, ১২ ই জুন ২০২০(www.irabotee.com)
- গোধূলি বেলার ভ্রান্তি ( বিদ্যসাগর বিষয়ক রচনা) ইরাবতী ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন, ২৯শে জুলাই, ২০২০, (www.irabotee.com
- বিদ্যাসাগরঃ এক স্বশিক্ষিত নিঃশঙ্ক চিকিৎসক, [ঈশ্বর পারাবারে ঃ দ্বিশত বর্ষে বিদ্যাসাগর], বেথুন কলেজের শ্রদ্ধার্ঘ, আই কিউ এ সি বেথুন কলেজ ও সোপান , কলকাতা ২০২০, পৃঃ ৮২-৯৩, ISBN: 978-81-948279-1-7.
- যা দেখি, যা ভাবি, ঃ লক ডাউনের কলকাতা [সঙ্কলিত প্রবন্ধ সমূহ: প্রহরপুঁথি, ঃ অতিমারি২০২০ ঃ ছয় মাসের দস্তাবেজ এর অন্তর্গত, সম্পাদনা মৈত্রী ঘোষ ও সুমন্ত মুখোপাধ্যায়, বেথুন কলেজ, কলকাতা,গতঃ ১-৯, September 2020 ISBN: 978-81-948279-0-0
- অবিনশ্বর বিদ্যাসাগর ঃ ধর্মে ও ধর্মহীনতায়ঃ উদবোধন, কলকাতা, ভাদ্র ( August) ২০২০, পৃ ৫৪৩-৫৫০
- নোবেল বক্তৃতাঃ ১৯৩৫, আইরিন -জোলিয়েট কুরির নোবেল ভাষণ, কৃত্রিম উপায়ে তেজস্ক্রিয় মৌলের জন্ম। শারদীয় অনুবাদ পত্রিকা, ১৪২৭( September- October 2020)্পৃ ১০৯-১১১।
- শতবর্ষে রোজালিন্ড ফ্রাঙ্কলিনঃ ইচ্ছামতী বাঙ্গলা ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন,, বিভাগ ঃ পরশমণি, ৩১শে জুলাই ২০২০ (শ্রাবণ ১৪২৭)(www. ichchhamoti.in, section: science)
- নিঃশংক চিকিৎসক বিদ্যাসাগরঃ শব্দের মিছিল, ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন , ২৯শে জুলাই ২০২০।
- আলোকবর্তিকা সাবিত্রী বাই ফুলে ঃ ইচ্ছামতী বাঙ্গলা ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন,, বিভাগ ঃ মনের মানুষ, ৩১শে অগাস্ট ২০২০ (ভাদ্র ১৪২৭)(www. ichchhamoti.in)
- কান্নার নেপথ্যেঃ শারীর বিজ্ঞানের দৃষ্টিতে, শারদীয়া জ্ঞান ও বিজ্ঞান ২০২০, পৃ ৩৯৩-৩৯৬
- উনিশ শতকে ভারতে বিজ্ঞান শিক্ষার ধারা ও শারীরবিদ্যা চর্চার অগ্রপথিক ঈশ্বরচন্দ্র বিদ্যাসাগর, শারদীয় বিজ্ঞান চেতনা, কাটোয়া, বর্ধমান পৃ ৫-৭।
- ভারতে শিক্ষা সংস্কারে বিস্মৃতপ্রায় পথিক সিস্টার নিবেদিতাঃ ইতিহাস ও সংস্কৃতি জার্নাল ,ভলুম ৫, ২০১৯, পাললিক,, ISSSN 2394-5737.[ইনপ্রেস]
- দ্বিশত বর্ষে নিঃসঙ্গ প্রমিথিউসঃ অক্ষয় কুমার দত্তঃ শব্দের মিছিল, ওয়েব ম্যাগাজিন , ২১শে অক্টোবর ২০২০।
Highly interested in cultural activities, having diploma in Musical Instruments. Possess a flair for creative Bengali writing and regularly writes short stories and popular science and literary articles and has published a good number of books.
They Make Us Proud
Some quick example text to build on the card title and make up the bulk of the card's content.